Wireless and IoT Device Specialist
Seeking an IoT Specialist to develop & deploy new wireless sensors and edge devices. This individual also will be responsible for the Advanced technical support on IoT device, remote server management and networking.
- Translate consumer and enterprise business requirements into technology requirements for fixed wireless and IoT devices.
- Architecture design of FWA/IoT (Fixed Wireless Access/Internet of Things) device and service ecosystem and Documentation of technology solutions for Fixed Wireless and IoT.
- Solution architecture and integration of IoT Device Management platform
- Evaluation and introduction of new wireless device technologies, features and services to meet business needs
- In-Field and In-Lab testing activities and device characterization
- Working with internal team and external development partners to tee-up, develop, test and deploy wireless devices globally
- Working as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in our digital support team and troubleshoot basic to advanced technical issues on Device Provisioning – Gateway, Sim service management, OTA (Over The Air) firmware updates, Remote server management
- Work with OEM supplier and our business partners (Gateway, IoT sensor, Data service and contract manufacturer) to leverage their expert support and document the FAQ’s and best practices.
- Responsible to train the support team in India and elevate their skills in device management.
- BS in Engineering (Instrumentation, Electronics and Communication, Electrical, etc.) or Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry
- SQL database, networking architecture, remote desktop, VPN, OTA updates
- Minimum 3 years of experience with respect to wireless devices and/or IoT device management, Networking, remote server management. Experience troubleshooting devices in LoRa, ZigBee and other wireless protocols.
- Good understanding of wireless device architecture and overall radio access network including common bands and carrier aggregation combinations including EN-DC combos
- Knowledge of FWA devices and overall antenna design considerations
- Familiar with wireless chipset solution and RF modem architecture
- Experience working with module vendors, mobile devices and wearables
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English and ability to work with global stakeholders effectively.
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of the following technologies: 5G NR (NSA and SA), LTE, VoLTE, VoWiFi
- Knowledge of diagnostic monitoring tools such as QXDM, Accuver, and Wireshark
- Strong desire to innovate and advance internal technologies and processes.
- Hands-on work experience with open-source data analytics toolsets such as R, Python, etc.
Preferred Personality Traits
- Strong planning and organization skills, with the ability to work on multiple complex projects
- A strong sense of ownership and inner self-drive to complete tasks allocated.