Seeking an IoT Specialist to develop & deploy new wireless sensors and edge devices. This individual also will be responsible for the Advanced technical support on IoT device, remote server management and networking.
• Translate consumer and enterprise business requirements into technology requirements for fixed wireless and IoT devices.
• Architecture design of FWA/IoT (Fixed Wireless Access/Internet of Things) device and service ecosystem and Documentation of technology solutions for Fixed Wireless and IoT.
• Solution architecture and integration of IoT Device Management platform
• Evaluation and introduction of new wireless device technologies, features and services to meet business needs
• In-Field and In-Lab testing activities and device characterization
• Working with internal team and external development partners to tee-up, develop, test and deploy wireless devices globally
• Working as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in our digital support team and troubleshoot basic to advanced technical issues on Device Provisioning – Gateway, Sim service management, OTA (Over The Air) firmware updates, Remote server management
• Work with OEM supplier and our business partners (Gateway, IoT sensor, Data service and contract manufacturer) to leverage their expert support and document the FAQ’s and best practices.
• Responsible to train the support team in India and elevate their skills in device management.
• BS in Engineering (Instrumentation, Electronics and Communication, Electrical, etc.) or Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry
• SQL database, networking architecture, remote desktop, VPN, OTA updates
• Minimum 3 years of experience with respect to wireless devices and/or IoT device management, Networking, remote server management. Experience troubleshooting devices in LoRa, ZigBee and other wireless protocols.
• Good understanding of wireless device architecture and overall radio access network including common bands and carrier aggregation combinations including EN-DC combos
• Knowledge of FWA devices and overall antenna design considerations
• Familiar with wireless chipset solution and RF modem architecture
• Experience working with module vendors, mobile devices and wearables
• Strong oral and written communications skills in English and ability to work with global stakeholders effectively.
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Strong understanding and working knowledge of the following technologies: 5G NR (NSA and SA), LTE, VoLTE, VoWiFi
• Knowledge of diagnostic monitoring tools such as QXDM, Accuver, and Wireshark
• Strong desire to innovate and advance internal technologies and processes.
• Hands-on work experience with open-source data analytics toolsets such as R, Python, etc.
Preferred Personality Traits
• Strong planning and organization skills, with the ability to work on multiple complex projects
• A strong sense of ownership and inner self-drive to complete tasks allocated.