Top of Form
Job Location: Ladson, SC
Position Type: Full-Time
Education Level: 4-Year Degree
Salary Range: $50,000.00 – $300,000.00 Salary/year (Based on Experience)
Job Category: Manufacturing
A welding engineer combines practical welding work with higher-level administrative and technical duties. Welding engineers develop weld procedure specifications, manage welding projects, supervise welding teams, and are involved with planning and preparation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create, submit, and manage WPS(s).
- Assign approved WPS(s) to new jobs.
- Leading welding projects.
- Analyzing engineering designs for welding requirements.
- Reviewing welding procedures, processes, and documentation.
- Assist in managing welding procedure qualifications and generating welding procedures to help the manufacturing and welding teams.
- Conducting failure analyses and cause analyses on welding issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, at least 5 years of work experience in Quality Assurance, fabrication, or non-destructive testing field should be combined with a demonstrated track record of accomplishments as a Weld Engineer, and with satisfying customers in technology-driven, supporting quality departments.
- Experience with ISO9001 Quality System rules, and regulations, including planning and implementation. Also, NAVSEA and ASME experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and superior organizational abilities.
- Ability to take initiative, to maintain confidentiality, to meet deadlines, and to work in a team environment essential.
- PC-based computing experience (word processing-Word, spreadsheet-Excel, presentation- PowerPoint, documentation s/w, statistical software) essential.
- Experience with performing Internal Audits and Document Control.
- General knowledge of associated machinery and processing preferred.
- Broad knowledge of theory and principles of statistics and statistical process control.
- Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation.
Bottom of Form