Job description: Toddler Teacher
The driving force behind our client is to give children in the St. Louis Park and surrounding communities a nurturing environment that allows them to grow into their best selves. Our client’s program Directors, Lead Teachers, Food and Nutrition Director, Teachers, and families work together to create a community focused on learning and healthy living. Our client is a 4-star
Parent Aware Rated program.
They are looking for happy and enthusiastic educators who love toddlers and can help us to provide quality early education, which benefits the child, their families, and our community! Candidates should understand the importance of outside play and hands-on gardening experiences for children of all ages.
Toddler Teacher Responsibilities and Duties
The Toddler Teacher would be working in the toddler classroom with children ages 16 months – 33 months
- Help plan and implement fun and interesting educational activities using the Creative Curriculum for Infants, Toddlers, and 2’s.
- Love working with children and watching them grow and develop
- Help maintain assessment book and observations using the Teaching Strategies Gold Assessment.
- Help with the routines of diaper changing, mealtimes, sensory activities, literacy activities, math and science experiences, etc…
- Attend monthly evening staff meetings and other training as determined
- Develop relationships with parents and co-workers through open communication.
- Create a warm and nurturing environment for the toddlers.
- Attend parent and community-building events throughout the year
- Interact with the children to support play, exploration, and learning.
Toddler Teacher Qualifications and Skills
- Associates Degree or higher (preferably in Early Education)
- 2 years of experience preferred
- Enjoys working with a team
Toddler Teacher Benefits
- Opportunity for monthly bonuses
- Smaller teacher/child ratios (5:1 rather than the state-required 7:1) allows more 1 on 1 time with the children
- You are encouraged to bring your ideas and passions into the classroom
- Enjoy free healthy organic meals with the children
- Opportunities for self-expression as an educator
- Strongly encourages to create a positive work/life balance
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – with 50% company contribution
- 401k (with a match) and FSA available
- 50% Child Care Discount
- Casual Dress, no dress code
- Weekly teacher planning time
- Paid in-service training
Job Type: Full-time