What are we looking for?
Join our client’s team as a Territory Manager. In this position you will direct property/casualty marketing activities in assigned territory, including selection and development of agency plans to achieve production and profitability objectives.
TM for GA and EAST TN: This position manages the distribution network within a 4- hour radius of metro Atlanta serving the territory assignment of GA and parts of East TN.
TM for MO: This position manages the Western half of the state of Missouri.
Who are we?
Our client has a proud history beginning in 1874 with the mutual insurance movement in the Midwest. Today, their rich heritage can be seen across the country, as they have customers in 19 states.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including an outstanding 401(k) program. They also offer the opportunity to join a dynamic organization with a 140-year history of providing exceptional customer service to their policyholders, agents, and fellow employees.
- Screen, select, appoint and train agents to ensure company philosophy, policies and procedures are observed.
- Implement company marketing strategies to achieve sales goals; monitor agency force to assure an acceptable book of business.
- Promote and maintain a sound business relationship with the company’s agency force.
- Maintain a working knowledge of industry trends, including the competitor’s products, pricing, and strategies.
- File timely and accurate reports with the Branch Manager.
- Assure timely payment of agency accounts, including collection assistance on policyholder accounts.
- Provide assistance to marketing and underwriting personnel; assist in training marketing staff as necessary.
- Serve as a liaison between company and the agency force, including assistance in contract revocation and rehabilitative procedures.
- Attend seminars, meetings, and conventions as a representative of the companies.
- Plan and implement various marketing seminars, meetings and customer relations functions for agents as directed.
- Lead the Agency Review process for assigned agencies with emphasis on profitable growth.
- Conduct a thorough and documented onboarding for all newly assigned agencies within the first 30 days of appointment date.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Three years of relevant commercial P/C marketing/underwriting experience
- Knowledge of commercial lines products and coverages
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- This job requires regular overnight travel.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Supplemental insurance education/designations
- Independent agency distribution experience and knowledge
- Knowledge of and relationships with agency force in the servicing area