Our client is a leading GLOBAL SUPPLIER of electronic components serving the urgent needs of engineers through a family of highly recognized and trusted brands, offering a wide portfolio of products ready to ship, and world-class technical support. Our brands provide solutions with power distribution, surge protection, RF, cables, transceivers, connectors, and antenna solutions. Infinite serves various markets including telecommunication, commercial, industrial, military, energy, MSO, and datacenters just to name a few.
The Technical Support Representative provides technical assistance to customers by understanding their specific needs and using the appropriate resources. The ideal candidate will have a minimum two years of technical training in electronics with at least two years in a technical support role at an electronic component distributor.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience supporting customers with product selection, product cross reference or product specifications using data sheets, drawings and other reference material.
- Candidates should have experience and understand the basic functionality of network equipment, cables and data interconnect, RF components and RF interconnect and their key specifications.
- Applicants should be proficient with Microsoft office, Microsoft Teams, windows, and online chat to support sales and customers.
- Comply with documenting activities in CRM, travel reports, forecasting and other reports.
- Written, verbal telephone, and face to face communication, management, rapport building, teamwork and follow through skills, with proficiency in professional grammar and public speaking.
- Computer fluency with appropriate detail orientation and typing skills to maintain and communicate the required database prospects, clients, projections, reports and all relevant communication and presentations on current company software programs.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, people, and accounts simultaneously with strong organizational skills and efficient time management.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers, customers, subordinates, potential customers, distributors, management, and business contacts in a courteous, efficient, professional, and respectful manner.
- Fluency in protocols, languages and customs required to successfully communicate in the designated customer base.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum self-motivation, while maintaining the responsibility to indicate areas of need to management.
- Strong listening and organizational capacities with significant detail orientation and accuracy.
- Ability to participate and add to the overall effectiveness of the company sales, recruitment & retention efforts.
- Comply with and ensure department compliance with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Other duties as required.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Monthly KPI review
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills and business acumen with a customer centric focus and urgency to obtain strategic objectives.
- Professional communication skills, written and spoken English, including correct usage of grammar and sentence structure and appropriate professional messaging and tone
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- General computer skills, including a solid working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook, MS Teams, PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation skills and social selling experience (ex. LinkedIn)
- Experience with a CRM system preferred
- Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-40 pounds
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum two years of technical training. An Associate degree in Electrical, Electronic or Computer Engineering or Technology preferred.
- Ideal candidate will have at least two years of experience in a customer care/call center with technical experience supporting customers, sales teams and partners with application, specification, and technical FAQs.
Personal Traits and Characteristics:
- Reliable, dependable, and diligent
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Excellent work attendance record
- Task oriented, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Professional demeanor, dress, and conduct in a business office setting
- The successful candidate shall exhibit a sense of ownership, urgency, be solution orientated, collaborative and accountable.
Work environment is typically considered in an office environment located on-site, within company location during normal or extended business hours. Work environment may also include employee’s residence (Work from Home) or hybrid combination of home and on-site facility.