- Our client is an innovative small business providing advanced electro-optical solutions for defense applications, seeks a Technical Program Manager.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage highly technical programs within budget and track to milestones.
- Identify risk mitigation and critical path to achieve program objectives.
- Serve as the overall technical lead for the effort, working with the various engineering disciplines assigned to the program.
- Responsible for program budget and approval of program purchases.
- Point of contact for customer and organization.
- Ensure quality control on programs throughout the life cycle from research and development through production to maintain standards expected.
- Communicate bi-weekly status of program internally to management and report per program requirements externally to the customer.
- Contribute to proposal submissions, both programmatically and technically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Optical, Electrical, or Computer Engineering; Physics, or a related scientific or engineering field, with 5+ years of exposure to complex electro-optical systems for military applications.
- Experience with laser systems, night vision/imaging systems, and target location systems is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with system integration and test.
- Creative thinker with outstanding problem-solving skills during planning and execution of programs.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills to drive self and team to meet goals and objectives of programs.
- Utilization of proactive data analysis skills required to evaluate metrics to provide informed decision making for programs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to interact with customers, suppliers, and other external personnel.
- $150,000 – $195,000 a year
- Benefits Package
- Travel within the US or internationally to customer locations may be required occasionally to support product testing or design reviews.