We’re looking for a Supply Chain Manager in our Supply Chain Department in Dalton, MA. As Supply Chain Manager, you can take your career to the next level with us while leveraging your leadership and supply chain experience. In this challenging and rewarding role, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Supply Chain team for the US Government Products (USGP) division. You will also be responsible for developing new and continuously improving existing supply chain and supplier management systems to meet the evolving needs of the organization.
We are seeking a proven leader who is familiar with International supply chain/purchasing experience and can get up to speed on the specifics of our business quickly. The right candidate should be comfortable negotiating contracts and cultivating and maintaining robust international supplier relationships.
- Create a key member of the USGP Operations Team accountable for the supplier management process.
- Establish accountability for the supplier management process that results in stable and capable supplier performance.
- Establish a primary negotiator for supply chain contracts.
- Manage day to day supply chain needs of the organization.
- Establish accountability for developing strong and long-term supplier relationships consistent with supply chain principles.
- Create accountability for the health of the Purchasing Process to ensure process and product changes meet the needs of the organization.
- Create a partner for suppliers to improve and manage change.
- Ensure proper roles and responsibility with the essential triangle of the product manufacturing process, product supply, and product quality.
Lead, coach, and develop the Supply Chain Team, made up of the Sourcing Lead, Purchasing Representatives, and MRO Systems Lead in the analysis and implementation of standard purchasing and MRO processes. This includes partnering with Process Owners and the shop floor on analysis and implementation.
Create a member of PRIME teams accountable for the development of supplier management processes and systems associated with new products and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering or a related discipline.
- 4-6 year of experience leading / coordinating / supporting standard supply chain / sourcing / operational system development at an organizational level
- Experience developing and leading high-performance teams.
- Experience facilitating strategic plans at a department level
- Proficiency in JDE software (or similar ERP), Microsoft Word, and ability to program and manipulate spreadsheets
- Computer literate and skilled with Power Point, Excel.
- Experience in Project Management
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or a related discipline.
- APICS certification
- Proven success sustaining a standard manufacturing process at an organizational level and driving towards world class.
- CBS tool champion certifications
- Familiarity with process mapping and flow-charting tools such as Visio
- Familiarity with spend analysis tools such as Zycus