Masis Professional Group is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join the team of our client!
First Shift / Monday – Friday
- 401k & Matching
- Sick Days
- Vacation & PTO Packages
Supply chain managers keep track of logistics and update the company’s inventory. They analyze operational performance and resolve issues. They also collaborate with vendors and suppliers to ensure all operations like shipping and delivery meet quality and safety standards.
Supply chain managers have five major functions. These include purchasing, operations, logistics, resource management, and workflow information.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Establishes performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of factors affecting the supply chain.
- Develops and maintains detailed inventories of materials and supplies located in the company, at sites, and in the factory.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation routes with attention to consolidation of warehousing and distribution.
- Assesses the need for material-handling equipment and staffing; makes recommendations to ensure efficient loading, unloading, movement, and storage of materials.
- Negotiates prices for raw material and delivery with suppliers, vendors, and/or shipping companies.
- Participates as an advisory member of the product development team, providing information and guidance on availability and cost of supplies and materials.
- Acts as part of the team coordinating engineering changes, product line extension, or new product launches to ensure timely and orderly material and production flow transitions.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding of company products and logistics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.