STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGER – (Mid South)
Candidate must be located in LA, MS, AK, or TN.
Our client is a FAST growing Global Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Company and they have an immediate opening for a Strategic Account Manager to cover the Midsouth area. They offer a competitive base salary, generous commission plan and car allowance, and an excellent benefits package!
Drive new contracts/create demand in ambulatory surgical centers and hospitals independent of national accounts for a defined territory. Overcome therapeutic challenges. Increase profitability and vaporizer utilization. Implement national account contracts at the facility level. Pull through/maintain sales of existing contracted customers. Drive interest for national accounts contracts at the facility level. Assist in vaporizer ordering and installation. Monitor utilization of equipment to insure profitability of account. Develop and maintain relationships with pharmacy directors, buyers, bio-med, anesthesia, GPO reps and distributor reps. Solve any customer problems and put out fires.
- Monitor all sales reports and ensure usage per account per vaporizer is adequate and profitable
- Uncover /prospect all facilities within territory that are using general anesthesia and deliver a consultative presentation
- Contract new independent accounts through activity within various departments (i.e. pharmacy, buyers, bio-med, anesthesia, O.R. directors and contract managers
- Increase sales and account rapport through clinical in-servicing
- Implement national account contracts through activity and gathering of information within same departments
- Drive interest at facility level for IDN’s and national accounts
- Maintain relationship with contracted accounts and ensure appropriate contracted sales
- Develop and maintain relationships with GPO and distributor reps
- Work, gather field information and communicate effectively with manager and national account team
- Work closely with manager and vaporizer team to insure correct equipment shipment and installation
- Communicate regularly with inside sales and collaborate plan of action for prospects and current customers
- Adjust schedule according to evolving territory needs
- Conduct all activities safely and within hospital guidelines and protocol
- Bachelor’s degree mandatory
- Professional sales certifications a plus
- Pharmaceutical Sales preferably anesthesia or closely related critical care products
- Hospital sales is mandatory
- Experience with GPO’s and IDN’s highly preferred
- History of successful track record
- Clinical and industry (i.e. contracts, pricing, competition, etc.) knowledge of inhaled anesthetics and sterile injectables.
- Information technology skills including utilizing software applications such as CRM, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Negotiation Skills
- Ability to travel (Estimate 2 weeks per month)
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance’
- ‘Work Remotely