The Shop Manager will be responsible for providing supervision and leadership to the fabrication team while being an innovator of positive change that favorably impacts safety, quality, effectiveness, inventory, on-time delivery, and lead-time.
• Track production plans and enforces quality standards. Accomplishes results by communicating job goals and expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures set forth by the company.
• Oversee the daily operations of simple to complex fabrication, assembly, and/or integration tasks
• Oversee quality control, final assembly, and final inspection of all products being produced
• Hands-on manager exhibiting visible presence throughout shop floor
• Set production goals for each department
• Provide coaching and training to develop and maintain a motivated workforce capable of implementing and executing the business strategy.
• Effectively communicates program contributions, on-time delivery, continuous improvement efforts, and manufacturing issues and needs.
• Monitor, coordinate, and review all aspects of initial project planning for integration tasks and provide input to the Production manager regarding resources and schedule for integration tasks.
Experience and Skills Required:
At least ten years of recent related mechanical and shop experience which includes the following skills and abilities
• Strong, proven Leadership
• Demonstrated production experience in fabrication shop
• Proficiency with TIG welding
• Interest and experience with fabricating custom vehicles preferred
• Autobody experience
• Excellent working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods, and practices used in production operations (lathes, mills, etc.)
• Possess knowledge of build/construction/fabrication process
• Excellent working knowledge of related safety requirements to include proper use of safety equipment and proper safety precautions
• Must be able to understand, follow and issue routine oral and written instructions
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
• Must be able to lead by example and be good example for co-workers
• Must be able to plan, organize and direct work in a safe and orderly manner
• Must be able to maintain high level of work performance and morale with co-workers
• Ability to plan and prioritize work schedules while dealing with day-to-day changes and interruptions is crucial
• Ability to deal with factors not easily evaluated, interpret results, exercise judgment, and make responsible decisions
• Ability to read shop drawings
• Problem solver
• Flexible during times of change
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, floor staff and other departments