Senior Research Associate – In Vivo
We are seeking an energetic, talented and highly motivated Senior Research Associate to join our In Vivo Pharmacology efforts and play a vital role in the company’s efforts to progress small molecule lead candidates to IND by performing robust in vivo pharmacology studies. The candidate will join a team of scientists and research associates responsible for internal and external in vivo studies in all program stages. The successful candidate will report to the Head of in vivo Pharmacology and work closely with the biology and technology program teams to rapidly advance our platform and drug discovery programs. S/he will be comfortable working in and contributing to a highly dynamic, cross-functional and fast-paced entrepreneurial team environment. The ideal candidate must be independent, driven, open-minded, curious, goal-oriented and have excellent communication skills.
- Contribute to study design, planning and performing in vivo experiments across a variety of disease models
- Work both independently and as part of a collaborative team to:
- execute in vivo studies internally and coordinate externally (CRO, academic lab)
- analyze in vivo experiments and present experimental findings at internal meetings
- perform various in vitro/ex vivo analyses in generated animal samples
- author study reports
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in electronic laboratory notebook in accordance with company policy.
- Demonstrated experience in:
- multiple dosing routes in rodent species
- multiple blood collection methods in rodent species
- performing necropsies with tissue collection, preservation, and processing in rodent species
- writing detailed study protocols
- Experience with various formulation preparation methods
- Proficiency with Immunoassays, qPCR or Nanostring, IHC and western blotting would be a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, capable of conveying technical information in a clear and thorough manner.
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in biology or related field, and minimum 2 years of relevant experience in bio-pharmaceutical industry.