Senior Director of Finance, Operations & HR
The Squash and Education Alliance seeks a Senior Director of Finance, Operations and HR to oversee the organization’s finances, operations, and human resource functions. This position will report to the Executive Director and be a strategic thought partner on SEA’s leadership team. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with nonprofit financial acumen and leadership experience, know-how for evaluating and implementing systems, and proven skills in and enthusiasm for strengthening and streamlining organizational operations. The Director will play a critical role in enabling SEA to achieve its programmatic goals and help make SEA a great place to work.
Skills & Qualities
- Positive, can-do attitude, and exemplary work ethic
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, and ability to manage multiple projects
- Self-starter; proven track record in initiating and successfully leading projects
- Ability to oversee numerous projects concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Strong relationship builder with the ability to find common ground, build consensus, and strengthen collaboration among diverse stakeholders
- Ability to navigate a fast-paced, outcomes-driven, and entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to translate financial concepts to — and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues and board members who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A strategic thinker with a rich understanding of how finances affect the needs and goals of a mission driven nonprofit organization
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors
- Passion for SEA’s mission and belief in the principles and goals of SEA’s strategic plan
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally with a major or significant coursework in accounting, finance, or business
- Demonstrated strong financial planning and analysis skills, with knowledge of GAAP, nonprofit accounting standards, and revenue recognition standards
- 7+ years of demonstrated progressive management-level experience in financial or operations management, ideally in nonprofit, education, sport, or philanthropy
- Demonstrated experience working on a high-performing team
- Experience working with a cloud-based suite of finance, accounting, and human resources systems, including Quickbooks, Paychex, and Salesforce
- Familiarity with squash and the SEA network is not required, but a plus
Compensation: $100,000-$120,000. Benefits include 4 weeks of vacation annually, health insurance, and, after one month of full-time service, a 401K matching plan.
Start Date: As soon as possible
SEA is the umbrella organization of a network of 19 U.S. nonprofits and 5 international affiliate organizations that combine squash, academics, mentoring, travel, college support, and career readiness for more than 2,500 young people. Ninety-four percent of the high school graduates of our U.S. member programs matriculate to college, one-third attend top-100 ranked colleges, and more than two-thirds earn degrees in six years or less. SEA leads this network by launching new programs, promoting best practices to ensure the highest quality programming among member organizations, and providing additional educational and athletic experiences for students and alumni. Over the course of the year, SEA organizes dozens of tournaments, camps, educational programs for students, and conferences for staff and board members. In the fall of 2021, SEA launched a five-year strategic plan, Pathways to Excellence, that aims to grow SEA’s network-wide enrollment from 2,000 to 4,000 students, increase college graduation rates, double the number of SEA students who play college squash, and expand the network to five new U.S. cities.
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to search firm Masis Professional Group at email@example.com with “SEA Senior Director of Finance, Operations & HR” in the subject line.
SEA is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.