The Senior Business Manager is responsible for budgeting, reporting, analysis, compliance and other financial functions for New England Public Media.
Reporting directly to the station president, the Sr. Business Manager is the lead Finance position for, and a trusted advisor to, senior leadership and supports strategic planning and decision-making.
- Develop budgeting to support complex annual operating and capital financial planning with senior leaders.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reporting for key stakeholders to track progress, identify key variances to budget, capital expenses, cash flow analysis, and provide insights on opportunities and risks.
- Advise leadership and Board on financial performance/outlook, present opportunities for improvement and participate in strategic/long term planning.
- Develop grant proposals and manage restricted grants in partnership with the NEPM Development and GBH Grants Management teams
- Manage purchasing, vendor contracts and payments in coordination with Accounting and Legal departments.
- Partner with NEPM accountant and the GBH Accounting team and provide necessary support for expense/revenue accruals and other accounting-close requirements.
- Ensure compliance with NEPM & GBH policies in business/financial areas.
- Supervise NEPM Finance Manager and part-time Accountant and support their work and professional growth
- Supervise revenue collection and reconciliations related to events
- The Sr. Business Manager will also participate in occasional process and system projects to enhance business-management efficiency and effectiveness across the GBH family of business units.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to improve business performance.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Minimum of five years’ experience in finance and budget management, analysis and development, and media/production environment exposure