The Senior Accountant will be responsible for accounts payable and accounts receivable approval and oversight. This
position will also be responsible for cash management and monitoring all property bank accounts.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for maintaining general ledgers & subsidiary journals related to one or more funds through trial balance.
• Monitor all property bank accounts and input into accounting software & check books
• Provides cash management for all RCAP managed properties.
• Review & Approve all Accounts Payable invoices
• Communicate with vendors as needed.
• Works closely with all Property Managers on purchasing policies including the bid and approval process.
• Process petty cash & debit card reconciliations
• Process internal transfers
• Enters and posts property deposits
• Reconcile properties Accounts Receivable & HAP vouchers
• Responsible for returning unclaimed monies to the Commonwealth of MA
• Provide fiscal oversight for all Properties managed by RCAP Solutions.
• Responsible for month-end closing procedures and analyzing all general ledger accounts for the properties.
• Responsible for reviewing entries for accuracy and completing reconciliations.
• Prepares schedules for all annual property audits.
• Approve and code general ledger for all Financial Services disbursements
• Responsible for financial services monthly reconciliation
• Supervise & provide oversight to Junior Accountant position
• Four (4) years of college with a degree in Accounting or equivalent
• 3 years’ experience as a full-charge Staff Accountant.
• Prior accounting experience in housing preferred
• Proficiency in Excel, MS Word and a computerized accounting system required; MIP or similar software experience preferred.
• Junior Accountant
Location – Worcester, MA
Compensation and Benefits:
RCAP Solutions offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, 403b, vacation, 14 paid
holidays, STD/LTD, etc.