What are we looking for?
Join our client’s team as the Regional Underwriting Manager. As the Regional Underwriting Manager, you will supervise and monitor the underwriting function in accordance with company policies, procedures, and philosophy. This position is at our Austin, Texas Branch.
Who are we?
Our client has a proud history beginning in 1874 with the mutual insurance movement in the Midwest. Today, their rich heritage can be seen across the country, as they have customers in 19 states.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package, including an outstanding 401(k) program. They also offer the opportunity to join a dynamic organization with a 140-year history of providing exceptional customer service to their policyholders, agents, and fellow employees.
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY Supervise and monitor the underwriting function in accordance with company policies, procedures, and philosophy.
- Maintain a book of business focused on profitable growth by developing, implementing, monitoring, and controlling individual risk underwriting programs.
- Supervise the review and issuance of applications, renewals, and change requests; assure all needed information is gathered and make insurability decisions within prescribed limits of authority.
- Advise underwriters on complicated risks; make underwriting decisions on risks exceeding underwriters’ limit of authority.
- Supervise, train, and monitor underwriters, loss control and premium audit staff ensuring adherence to company policies, procedures, and technical knowledge of staff.
- Communicate with internal and external individuals/companies regarding coverages, rates, risk selection, applications, etc.
- Coordinate and manage departmental workflow with other departments/divisions in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Assist in agent education and training.
- Supervise the review of assigned agencies’ experience with marketing personnel.
- Perform quality audits on branch underwriting personnel on a routine and ongoing basis.
- Serve as a member of the Corporate Quality Audit Team.
- Make periodic visits to stimulate profitable production and improve company/agency relations.
- Monitor competition through industry association, affiliation, and contracts.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- At least four years of management experience
- At least five years of commercial lines underwriting experience, preferably with ISO
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong technical P/C underwriting knowledge and skills
- Advanced knowledge of ISO commercial class codes and Commercial Lines Manual underwriting requirements
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Supplemental insurance education/designations Experience with the independent agency system
EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor’s degree required.