We’re looking for a Raw Material Helper to join our manufacturing team at in Dalton, MA. As a Raw Material Helper, you will ensure the safe set up and loading of materials so that production and quality of cooked cotton and linen is maximized. The incumbent must keep accurate records of incoming materials and material usage. The incumbent is responsible for the appearance of the work area which begins at the loading docks and runs to the boiler loading area. The incumbent, with the help of supervision, must complete the Boiler Set Up Person’s Training Plan prior to performing the job independently.
- Assist the Boiler Operator in the loading of the boiler feed conveyor by cutting wires and removing wires and sacking from the bales; directing the material into the boiler from the feed conveyor
- Isolate nonconforming material according to documented procedures
- Install and remove the rotary boiler head
- Receive incoming bales on the second and third shifts
- Maintain records of inventory and enter bale usage into computer
- Dispose of burnable waste to the compactor
- Bail burlap
- Ensure the fork trucks are charged and inspect/complete fork truck check list at each shift
- Maintain a clean work area that includes the loading docks, elevator, bale storage room, boiler feed conveyor loading area and boiler loading area
- Communicate problems to the other team members and supervision
- Identify mechanical problems and taking corrective action or notifying supervision
- Adhere to all required operating procedures and manufacturing run sheets
- Willingness to learn the job of Boiler Operator
We offer pay starting at $23.93/hour, with generous shift differentials including 7.5% for 2nd shift and 10% for 3rd shift workers. Our company is a fast-paced, global business with tight deadlines and high expectations for superior quality products. Don’t miss out, apply now!
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Industrial experience, preferred
- Basic mathematical skills
- Ability to use and read a ruler
- Ability to understand and follow operating/safe job procedures
- Ability to obtain and maintain an internal hoisting certificate
- Ability to read, write, keep neat and accurate records, and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to pass the Industrial Power Truck licensing requirements
- Must be willing and able to work any shift arrangement and overtime as needed
The person selected for this position will need to demonstrate suitability for employment in a position of Public Trust consistent with our US Government contract requirements.
We offer a competitive benefits package to full-time employees, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance, a 401k match and more. Qualified candidates are invited to apply via our careers page at www.cranecurrency.com.
SUITABILITY AND BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION REQUIREMENTS: The final offer of employment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements will be grounds for disqualification in the hiring process. The background investigation process conducted by us and our U.S. Government Agency customers is very thorough. Therefore, it is imperative that applicants exercise candor and honesty when answering background questionnaires, especially as it relates to arrest, employment, education, finances, illegal drug use, and/or other criminal history. Falsification discovered in security documents or during the background investigation process may result in an immediate negative suitability determination.
We are a Drug Free Workplace.