Masis Professional Group is seeking a Quality Manager for a manufacturing company in Chicopee, MA.
This position is responsible for managing and directing the Production Quality. The Production Quality Manager is responsible for planning goals, strategies, and resources to meet company objectives. Knowledgeable of Automotive Quality Requirements, including the IATF Quality Standard, Customer New Product Development procedures, Laboratory requirements, and Manufacturing techniques. Must possess Leadership qualities required to lead Continuous Improvement teams and gain the confidence of Production areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description – other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed. (Describe five to seven major responsibilities of the job, beginning with the most important.)
· Ability to Problem Solve and provide Decision Making methods to tackle complex Product and Process Quality issues.
· Strong Manufacturing background in a high-volume, automated machining and assembly operation.
· Provides Leadership role in CI process to improve quality and efficiency and reduce costs.
· Key member of Management Team responsible for accomplishing business goals and objectives.
· Manages the accuracy and schedules related to QA support functions, including Calibration of Gages and Equipment, including Test machinery.
· Leads team to reduce non-conformances and eliminate sorting/rework. Coordinates resources required to address quality concerns.
· Develops plans to improve quality and efficiency, while reducing costs.
· Create and monitor daily efficient flow of material through the department by utilization of manpower and equipment in the department.
· Determine and implement continuous improvement plans for the equipment, and overall department.
· Manage yearly budget for the department ensure goals are met by reducing cost related to production and MRO supplies.
· Establish working relationships with associated departments i.e. Planning, Engineering and Production.
· Establish and maintain effective communication vehicles such as toolbox meetings and employee meetings.
· Understands, communicates and follows all company policies, work rules, and Union Contract. Effectively utilizes this knowledge to:
o Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
o Make daily decisions on production schedules and personnel-related matters that affect the delivery and quality.
It is the expectation of the company that Managers/Supervisors will accomplish these goals by working to a high ethical standard and consistently complies with all company policies, work rules, Union Contractual agreements, and applicable laws with little to no direct supervision.
- BSME Degree required, an advanced engineering degree is preferred.
- ASQ CMQ/QE or equivalent preferred.
5+ Years of Manufacturing within the Automotive Industry is highly desired. ; Eight (8) to ten (10) years of Quality Management experience in a manufacturing environment.
Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing, Project Management, ISO and TS16949 procedures experience is desired.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to understand a wide range of intellectual and practical problems by applying principles of logical or scientific thinking. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.