Role Profile Job Title Quality Inspector of Incoming Goods Org. Abbreviation US8 Job Title Superior Director Quality Control Created 08/01/2021 HeS
Job Purpose The Quality Inspector provides quality support to the manufacturing plant through proven knowledge of inspection procedures, capability to inspect mechanical parts, and ability to use precision tools. Key Figures
Job Requirements Training/Education:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Associate Degree preferred. Professional Experience:
- Quality control certification a plus.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a quality role in a manufacturing environment.
- Contact measurement programming and CMM operation experience.
- Ability to operate precision tools such as micrometers, calipers, thread gages, comparators, and others.
- Experience using and ERP system, SAP preferred.
- Read and interpret technical drawings and specification.
- Demonstrates basic functional and or process knowledge and participates in in process. Utilizes Trigonometry, Geometry, Statistics (in relation to SPC) and basic math problems solving skills. Basic knowledge of Quality Control practices.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Ability to work well with other people and demonstrate team player behavior.
- Must possess and demonstrate good written and communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
Directly Reporting Jobs
Date / Signature Job Holder Superior HR
- Perform inspection on in house and vendor-supplied parts, i.e. production part approval process, first article inspection and in-process inspection as required.
- Interpret engineering prints/specifications and geometric dimensioning & tolerancing.
- Uses measurements methods and equipment to determine the dimension features of products conform to the design features.
- Utilize inspection measurement tools (i.e. micrometers, calipers, drop indicators, thread gauges, plug gauges, comparators etc.)
- Conduct process audits of assigned value streams focusing on adherence to standard work.
- Records audit data, applying statistical quality control procedures
- Evaluates data and writes report to validate or indicate deviation from existing standards.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Provides factory support to identify and resolve issues associate with purchased parts, materials, and manufacturing.
- Visit supplier and/or customer facilities to conduct inspections
- Assist in gage calibration/verification in accordance with approved procedures.
- Identify and report Non-conformance of product or processes
- Locates and identifies material and transfers to secure areas for quarantine, according to nonconforming material report.
- Prioritizes data entry activities.
- Creates, update, executes and analyzes reports.
- Gathers data, tracks, post and pitches for action plans and root analysis.
- May move or transport materials from one department to another, manually or using any material handling equipment.
- Person who can display behavior on the core values of the company: o Respect: Believe in, respect and trust your colleagues o Passion: Everyone stands for an open, direct and honest communication o Reliability: Deliver according to your responsibilities and deadlines o Team spirit: Share best practices and support each other to succeed
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Integrity, Honesty
- Confident, strong assertive team player Appropriate mix of maturity and discipline
Other The role is not limited to the stated responsibilities and competencies should be read as examples. As a natural consequence of the business evolving and responding to market needs, tasks, responsibilities and requirements will be removed and added to the job description without formal notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.