The Purchasing/Supply Chain Manager will oversee and direct the activities of the purchasing department. Annual purchasing responsibility for this position is approximately $15M. Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Collaborates with other departments and leadership to identify and develop needs and requirements for materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Assesses current material availability; reasonably predicts future availability based on the market, delivery systems, and other variables.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Drafts, explains, and implements instructions, policies, and procedures for purchasing and contract management.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Identifies optimal shipment and transportation method for incoming goods.
- Evaluates and approves conditions for issuing and awarding bids.
- Resolves grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintains and/or implements purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as the company’s representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Coordinates removal or disposal of surplus materials.
- Administers the departmental budget.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with proven negotiation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with the ability to effectively train others.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Understanding of business and management principles.
- Thorough understanding of materials and supplies used in the company.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficient with ERP systems. Supervisory Responsibility:
- Hires and manages the Purchasing staff.
- Oversees the daily workflow and schedules of the department.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Work Environment: This job operates mainly in the office area. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such computers, copiers and scanners. Employee will also be trained to be proficient with various software packages the company utilizes.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility to determine needs.
- May require travel to local vendors
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with additional hours as required which may be during the week or on weekends.
Travel: Travel may be required to local vendors.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
- At least three years of experience in related field required.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.