Our client, a leading Mid-Atlantic property casualty carrier, seeks to expand distribution partner relationships, new business, and products in the Northeast and MidAtlantic. As part of that expansion, they are seeking an experienced Distribution Representative in Commercial Lines. This Distribution Representative will be physically based in the territory, so that they can work closely with existing and new distribution partners to secure new business for the organization. Distribution Representatives meet regularly with agency/brokerage distribution partners in pursuit of additional business in the small, mid and large size markets. The right candidate would already possess key commercial agency/brokerage relationships, presence and credibility in the assigned territory. These relationships will specifically be utilized to appoint and grow our distribution partner network in the region consistent with Client’s exclusive distribution model.
Must have existing broker relationships Must have prior P&C commercial sales experience. Target base is Small/Medium/Large If their license is not in force, they will have 60 days to have it reinstated.
Three positions in the following locations.
1. Central and Western PA
2. North Jersey/New York
3. Maryland and Delaware.
Responsibilities Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Match existing existing agent relationships and books of business opportunities with those of Client.
- Based on this analysis recommend for appointment new commercial lines distribution partners in the territory.
- Ultimately through the review process sign up all appropriate agents based on the strength of these current relationships.
- Pursue, upsell, cross-sell, recapture opportunities with agencies/brokers
- Coordinate New Business Proposal Meetings on key accounts to agencies and brokers; present Client optional plans
- Key account pre-renewal discussion with agencies
- Review competitor plans with Client underwriting to ensure best pricing offered
- Lead annual planning process.
- Implement and monitor throughout year
- Review underwriting appetite and services with agencies and brokers
- Attend POS (Point of Sale) when possible with agencies/brokers
- Assist with contracting new agencies/brokers
- Assist with onboarding and terminating agencies/brokers as required
- Maintain agency/broker profiles
- Attend corporate functions including Corporate Giving, Chamber of Commerce and Marketing events
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Sales oriented with experience and successful track record selling standard commercial lines products in the noted territories
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with others to explain complex issues
- Full knowledge of all commercial line’s standard insurance products and usages
- Ability to manage multiple clients, tasks, and requests
- Adequate knowledge of rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned client and prospect lists
- Knowledge of insurance markets and reference to markets
- Knowledge of insurance underwriting procedures
- Results oriented with the ability to meet strategic goals as required for the assigned territory
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution, negotiating and project management skills
- Professional, committed, and self-motivated with the ability to focus on daily tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office [Outlook, Word, and Excel]
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or GED required
- Minimum 5 years’ commercial insurance company experience in insurance industry, specifically in either Commercial Lines Marketing, Sales, Production Underwriting, Distribution and/or Relationship Management
- Specific knowledge of the commercial lines in the territories marketplace as it relates to new agent appointments and account opportunities
Required Certifications or Licenses
- Must maintain and remain current with their producers’ state licenses and continuing education credits