PROJECT MANAGER, SOLAR DEVELOPMENT
Leading active solar developer has immediate opening for a Project Manager to expand development efforts into emerging renewable energy markets in Massachusetts and in other states. The right candidate will join a small team of high-energy project managers and engineers developing sophisticated, cutting-edge photovoltaic and energy storage projects. This position is for a self-starter who is interested in driving projects through permitting, development, and construction.
- Obtaining and maintaining site control for real estate to be used for development;
- Work with designers, surveyors, and engineers to oversee conceptual plans, surveys and site plans;
- Engage governmental officials at the local and state levels on program economics and structure;
- Engage municipalities on navigating and satisfying permitting requirements;
- Manage municipal permitting process for projects;
- Available evenings to attend municipal board and committee meetings
- Assist with the Utility approval processes and obtaining agreements to interconnect to power grids and/or generation projects;
- Manage the financial closing process for the sale and/or financing of projects; and
- Assist with completing tasks and deliverables related to achieving the Commercial Operation Date of the applicable project.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of work experience in real estate development
- Preferably renewable energy industry
- 2+ years of work experience with municipal zoning and permitting