Masis Professional Group is hiring for direct placement opportunities! We are assisting our client in searching for a Production Supervisor.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the full scope of production work by team members meets fresh food production requirements.
- Schedule, staff, plan, organize, and direct production activities for one or more departments or work areas. Schedules staff based upon production demand. Documents timing, work completed, accuracy, quality, Works closely with the Production Manager to ensure that production goals are met.
- Exercise Process Controls. Consistently completes start-up and process control reports. Actively trains, coaches and develops team production expectations, quality specifications, line balancing, waste, changeovers, and start up processes and reporting.
- Delivers daily huddles to review what worked well, safey, process control measures, events and activities to set employee expectations. Ensures related paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure daily start-up, daily process and reviews daily results to identify improvement opportunities. Ensures team generally works within all process control guidelines.
- Supports scheduled trials are performed.
- Verifies product and packaging meet production needs and rotate stock as required.
- Responsible for addressing issues, preparing work orders, and that work is complete and corrected in a timely manner.
- Understands daily production goals, targets and KPI’s and is able to analyze data, and implement corrective actions quickly to drive results. Team is expected to consistently meets targets.
- Has a good understanding of the root causes of poor performance. Actively coaches, trains and develops team to understand the root cause of poor KPI delivery, employee and team performance, and the implementation of Process Control.
- Eliminates daily barriers and monitors KPI’s throughout the shift. Provide regular updates on progress and issues to the Production and Operations Manager.
- Demonstrates good leadership practices, coach employees for improvements, evaluates performance, skills and knowledge, schedules employee training, prepares and delivers disciplinary action and recommends discharge actions as needed. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict.
- Promotes and supports a Safety Culture and advocates for team to work in a safe manner. Ensure timely reporting of injuries or near-miss accidents in a timely manner. Takes immediate corrective actions when witnessing an unsafe practice.
- Advanced education in Food Safety or Culinary Arts is helpful. A degree or certificates in HACCP, Food Handling, Culinary Arts or other related training or education is preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent education.
- A Minimum (5) years experience in a production supervisor or management role, preferable in a chilled food manufacturing environment, within a fast paced business.
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment applying common processes, procedures, and equipment.
- 1 year or more experience applying HACCP and enforcing routine Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and in a food environment is essential.
- Experience working in a continuous improvement environment and demonstrated delivery through change.
- Ability to apply common math formula’s in all units of measure for reporting
- Proficient computer skills and experience using Microsoft Suite applications to include Excel and Excellent analytical skills.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Ability to lead a team of Supervisors and team members with positive results and outcomes.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability and initiative to multi-task throughout the day.
- Good understanding of all continuous improvement production techniques.
- Knowledge of large-scale food business start-up is helpful.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player.
- Trained in OSHA requirements or expectations, HACCP, First Aid/CPR, and Food Hygiene.
- Ability to motivate others to work routine and monotonous processes and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a cold / damp environment and stand for extended periods.
- Must have a good understanding of English, bilingual (Spanish) speaking skills are helpful.
Please submit your resume to be considered for this opportunity.