Masis Professional Group is hiring for direct placement opportunities! We are assisting our client in searching for a Principal Engineer, Systems Engineer. Responsible for technical support and advancement for a group engaged in the planning of technical design, system integration and cost and risk assessment and compliance assessment of technological systems. Collaboration with the product office to define system and component level requirement, and to develop an architecture that satisfies those requirements. Typical technically-driven systems tasks include requirements management, concept design including trade studies, steady-state mass and energy balance, dynamic modeling and analysis, failure mode analysis, control synthesis, verification/validation testing analysis. The Systems group is involved throughout the entire product life cycle, from concept to field support. Responsible for the technical advancement of entire systems projects, programs, research and operational results. A principal focus is the ongoing technical develop of the systems engineering staff. This role has direct concentration on the high-level comprehensive technical properties of the systems work, and is not generally a supervisory role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead and perform systems-focused tasks such as steady-state modeling, dynamic modeling, failure mode analysis/troubleshooting, control synthesis, and verification/validation testing.
- Support group’s focus with variance resolution on root cause analysis and ensure lesson’s learned are captured in process revision and standard work.
- Proactively identify patterns in conflicting information and constructively resolve the conflict(s) in a manner that minimizes impact and rework.
- Work with the product office to establish overall high-level requirements
- Generate subsystem and component requirements from the established high level (parent) requirements within the requirements management software tool
- Determine if requirement compliance will be demonstrated by similarity, analysis or test.
- Assess product performance against requirements via a compliance matrix
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines as required and appropriate to coordinate systems activities and ensure thorough, accurate and technical concepts for future use
- Follow-up on commitments in a timely manner, with positive closure assurance.
Job Requirement – Education & Experience:
- BS degree with 10+ years of experience
- MS degree with 7+ years of experience
- PhD degree with 4+ years of experience
- Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree, or other related Engineering degree
- Clear and compelling oral and written communications.
- Experience with clearly understanding and properly executing customer demands/requirements
- Ability and experience working with a diverse group of technical and business-focused individuals and groups, occasionally on a global-basis.
Job Requirements – Knowledge & Skill:
- Is a leading expert in the field of Systems Engineering
- Robust systems understanding, know-how and expertise
- Solid mechanical/chemical engineering background
- Provide cross-functional guidance and expertise
- Contribute to the company and the industry by advancing the level of knowledge within the discipline.
- Excellent, demonstrable organizational and communication skills and abilities
- Strong focus on teamwork, teambuilding and employee development.
- Solid computer/systems skills.
- Highly adaptable to change.
- Results driven
This position requires on-site work with the possibility of remote work. Please submit your resume to be considered for this position.