Press Brake Operator Job Description:
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for a 2nd Shift Press Brake Operator for a very well established and growing client in the Londonderry, NH area on a full-time permanent basis. The Press Brake Operator will set up and operate power brake to bend, notch, punch, form or straighten metal plates or sheet metal and structural shapes to blueprint or product specifications.
Press Brake Operator Responsibilities:
- Read and understand product documentation used in the manufacturing operation to form stock to required product specifications.
- Select, position, and align dies, secure dies to the appropriate thickness of the metal, positioning the workpiece manually to align layout marks to dies.
- Set stops on machine bed and reposition stock to run successive pieces or multiple operations.
- Verify dimensions of workpiece using calibrated measuring equipment.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the machine and general work area. Perform routine maintenance of the machine ensuring that the fluid levels are maintained, tooling is in good working order and all safety features are working properly.
- Notify area Manager and or Quality when corrective action is required.
- Must have the ability to receive and maintain operator self-inspection stamp to meet quality expectations of the company. and the customer.
- Verify that Operation Steps indicated on the Job Traveler have been signed off prior to beginning the job.
- Complete job travelers and ensure job paperwork follows parts through the manufacturing process.
- Enter labor in to the manufacturing system via barcode prior to releasing product to the next operation.
- Responsible for the quality and adequacy of own work.
- Adherence to the Company’s Personnel Policies & Procedures; follows Safe Distance Principles for Safety
- Perform Daily checks as defined in FM- PM- 02 Brakes Preventive Maintenance
- Perform machine specific monthly maintenance as defined in FM- PM- 02 Brakes Preventive Maintenance
Press Brake Operator Qualifications:
- Ability to follow instructions verbal and or written
- Ability to program, setup and operate machines in a safe and responsible manner
- Maintains accurate and complete records.
- Must be able to stand for an 8-10 hour shift.
- Lifting capabilities 15-20 lbs repeatedly with maximum lifting of 50 lbs.
- Range of Motion: Bending, walking, reaching
- Safety glasses with side shield while on the production floor
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent and 1 year sheet metal fabrication experience-
- Class A Operator: Qualified to perform complex jobs with 3 or more non-typical bends and or set ups.
- Class A Operator- 3 years experience sheet metal fabrication
- B Operator: Skill level medium range, able to perform two or more non-typical bends in different setups