Plant Manager Job Description:
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for a Plant Manager for a very well established and growing metal fabrication company in the Rossville, GA area on a full-time permanent basis. The Plant Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the operation including but not limited to safety, compliance, production demands, quality, customer relations, budget, and total operations of the facility.
Plant Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure the plant’s safety policies are adequately communicated and enforced.
- Create annual budget and monitor plant activity so that the facility operates at the planned level or better.
- Ensure departments are getting the necessary resources and direction to support the plan and producing the desired level of quality, delivery, and service
- Provide input as needed concerning potential business’ manufacturing methods and cost.
- Drive plant to use appropriate lean manufacturing tools that reduce waste and improve the operation’s long term competitive position
- Interact with senior management, advising of the plant’s performance, improvements, and needs
- Establish and maintain an ISO based quality management system which promotes increasing customer satisfaction and continual improvements
- Interact with customers to jointly improve relationships and competitiveness.
- Help maintain a fun, family atmosphere
- Providing Monthly Shipping Forecast:
- Providing the SCHEDULE
- Confirming Customer Due Dates: Working with Customer Service/Sales and Customers.
- Communicating Completed Orders to Customer Service/Sales and Shipping.
- P/L Responsibility.
- Keying Production: Monitoring/Managing the Inventories.
- Keying Material Receivers: Monitoring/Managing the Inventories
- Keying Scrap:
Plant Manager Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Microsoft Office, Excel Spreadsheet, Power Point and Data base software.
- A bachelor’s degree or 10 years’ experience in management or any appropriate combination of educational experience.
- Knowledgeable of all State & Federal Safety, OSHA, and employment laws
- Must be able to balance financial and operational demands and deliver products within company expectations.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a management position.
- A minimum of 5 years in metal manufacturing.
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching, and walking. Should be able to lift 35lbs unassisted.