Payroll Specialist Job Description:
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for a Payroll Specialist (Union Payroll) for a very well established and growing utility company in the Montgomery County, PA area on a full time permanent basis. The Payroll Specialist will be responsible for conducting all phases of payroll. This will include the maintenance of all personnel records, processing, verifying weekly time sheets, obtain supervisor approvals, and issue checks for payment. Prepare various weekly reports for submission to local unions as well. This individual will also assist the Controller in monthly closings for financial reporting and assist the office staff in other clerical and non-clerical duties as deemed necessary by their immediate supervisor. We are looking for an individual with strong analytical skills, attention to detail, computer literate, and most importantly, the ability to retain confidential information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare weekly payroll.
- Prepare weekly labor production reports.
- Verify employee withholdings and remit payment to appropriate party.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Review, correct, and enter time sheets into database and payroll software for multiple unions and nonunion employees on a weekly basis; payroll is in-house so this also includes printing and distribution of checks
- Review and enter new hire paperwork data into software and file into employee personnel files.
- Process certified payrolls accurately on a weekly basis.
- Familiarity with different union fringes and benefits for processing purposes.
- Review all I-9’s, enter into E-Verify, print and pass records onto Human Resources for review then file accordingly.
- Support various Human Resources functions as necessary, such as assisting with HRIS system, updating employee handbook, and other similar administrative Human Resources responsibilities.
- Generate and distribute necessary reports internally and externally.
- Gather documentation for company audits on a timely basis.
- Light dispatching.
- Familiarity with FMLA and LOA paperwork.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality of company information.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the company or as directed by management.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years working in a payroll capacity with union employees
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Accounting from an accredited College or University preferred;
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Outlook, Word and Excel);
- Working knowledge of payroll, project and financial software;
- Experience in Paychex software a plus;
- Working knowledge of the construction industry, operations management, and safety practices a plus;
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and city regulations and guidelines.
PREFERRED SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Business writing and reporting skills
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills – ability to meet frequent deadlines
- Strategic, analytical, and multi-tasking skills
- Attention to detail
- Able to work flexible hours.
- Capable of working overtime and weekends.
The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism, and appropriate concern regarding dissemination of sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have the ability to make sound decisions and produce accurate and timely results in mind.
- Must prioritize and organize work in a fast paced multi-task environment.
- Must monitor and analyze data and solve problems on a tactical and strategic level.
- Must build positive working relationships with multiple levels of employees and management.
- Must demonstrate commitment to company values.