Back to all jobs
Masis Professional Group is seeking a Payroll Manager for a well established healthcare organization in the Lake Success, NY area. The Payroll Manager will be responsible for all company locations, accurate and timely multi-state payroll processing, compliance with all local/federal/state laws and maintenance of employee payroll transactions. This position is based out of Lake Success office. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years in this role and comprehensive payroll experience. This role will require excellent Excel and analytical skills.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage the entire payroll function for a multi-location, franchise company with a mix of exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Ensure time, attendance and PTO is accurately entered, submitted and approved on time by managers
- Ensure payroll is accurately reflecting processing of new hires, terminations, pay rate changes, promotions and transfers.
- Partner with accounting to reconcile all payroll accounts in a timely and accurate manner.
- Think strategically- be able to use and build data to look at trends across the company.
- Manage all federal, local and state tax compliance, and regulatory filings for monthly, quarterly and annual integrations.
- Review and audit W2’s to ensure accuracy.
- Compute wages and manage other withholdings such as 401k, wage garnishments, loans, etc.
- Strong attention to detail to identify any errors in advance of submitting payroll.
- Assist with annual payroll audits and other tasks as assigned by manager.
- Must have deep knowledge and experience with various payroll systems
- 5+ years of payroll experience, taxes, earnings and deductions
- Ability to handle highly confidential data
- Strong organizational and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to manage others
- Ability to problem solve, analyze, have good mathematical skills and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment