- Position Purpose:
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of payroll and for providing support to the accounting department. The Payroll Coordinator works closely with Human Resources to ensure changes in payroll, benefits, etc. are captured and recorded properly.
- Essential Job Responsibilities
· Review and process timesheets and expense reports while ensuring compliance to internal and external policies and regulations.
· Maintain compliance with current multi-state payroll laws and liabilities regarding federal, state, local regulations, retirement, social security, garnishments, workers’ compensation, unemployment, etc.
· Calculate and analyze reports for wages, benefits, deductions, taxes, etc. and make necessary corrections.
· Complete payroll process and submission bi-weekly.
· Reconcile accrued vacation liability.
· Responsible for working on bi-weekly payroll GL import, reviewing for accuracy, and posting in MIP.
· Collect & verify new or changed employee information processed by Human Resources.
· Monitor deferred compensation plan contributions to ensure amounts are within federal and state guidelines.
· Process W2s, verify year-to-date totals for salaries, income tax withheld, FICA, deductions, tax-deferred annuities, and Section 125 Plans.
· Generate payroll reports for federal, state, and local taxes. Ensure accuracy of these reports.
· Generate payroll reports and reconcile to employee benefits and deductions.
· Allocate out RCAP benefit expenses.
· Maintain employee files for all payroll related transactions.
· Reconcile all payroll related balance sheet accounts
· Reconcile bank accounts monthly.
· Reconcile form 941 quarterly.
· Reconcile and generate 1099’s and 1096’s annually.
· Purchasing/inventory control of laser checks.
· Maintain company credit card records (AMEX) and reconcile monthly.
· Coordinate the Workers’ Compensation audit; provide all required information and ensure favourable results.
· Provide auditors with information and documentation as needed and requested.
· Other duties as may be assigned
- Education Requirements :
- Associates Degree in Accounting required; Bachelor degree preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered..
- 3-5 years of payroll experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Proficiency in Excel, MS Word and a computerized accounting system required; MIP or similar software experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently organize and manage large amounts of complex information; attention to detail, well organized.