Back to all jobs
Our client is looking for an Occupational Therapist looking for a position new position in Wyoming. This client offers a $7,500 sign-on bonus for their employees.
- The staff Occupational Therapist will be responsible and accountable for the direct care of our clients patients. This position requires a licensed, qualified Occupational Therapist who meets all educational and licensing requirements as provided in Federal and State Law. (42 CFR 484.4; 42 CFR 485.705; W.S. 33-40-101 through 117.) The Occupational Therapist will work closely with other members of the Occupational Therapy Department and will assist in supervising the Certified Occupational Therapy Assistants, Therapy Techs, Students, and Volunteers as appropriate. It is understood that the job duties listed below are representative of the position, are not all-inclusive, and may be supervised by a number of different our clients staff members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluates patients through medical records review as appropriate, utilizes appropriate evaluation techniques and clinical observation.
- Applies skills learned during academic training, educational programs, and practical experience to evaluate patient/family needs and to develop appropriate treatment plans and goals to include discharge planning.
- Demonstrates competency in patient assessment, goal setting, and development and implementation of treatment plans to meet these goals. Maintains appropriate documentation in a timely fashion. Evaluates effectiveness of plan and modifies and/or terminates as indicated.
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills when interacting with families, physicians, patients and others involved in a patient’s care to promote an environment of cooperation and respect. Provides sensitivity to those aspects of human behavior which affect the balance of the working environment. Initiates appropriate behavior to affect change.
- Provides relevant information at meetings such as team and family conferences, home health conferences, rehab clinic meetings and others as necessary.
- Maintains current knowledge of therapy techniques appropriate to the patients at Gottsche Rehab Center through the attendance of in-service classes and the appropriate amount of continuing education courses as required for licensure. The therapist will then share the knowledge with other staff in the form of informational discussions or as an in-service.
- Assigns appropriate treatments or portions thereof to therapy assistants and aides, assess the accuracy, thoroughness and appropriateness of the care they provide and then provide feedback to the Department Head.
- Acts as a preceptor to therapy students, therapy assistant students and other students and provides feedback to the students and academic directors who are responsible for the students’ clinical education.
- Seeks necessary information and input from staff, physicians and other health care professionals to ensure ongoing appropriate patient care.
- Licensed Occupational Therapist in WY or willing to obtain.
- $70,000 to $80,000 a year
- Full Benefits package including employer paid health and dental