The National Sales Account Representative WEST COAST will be responsible for strategically soliciting and developing new customers, while maintaining an excellent rapport with existing customers. Duties include identifying prospective customers, following up on potential sales leads, working with customers on product trials, and closing new business deals. Responsible for achieving year-over-year revenue and margin growth targets for our customers. The Sales Account Manager represents the entire range of our products and services to assigned customers, while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
Essential Job Functions
- Account prospecting, development, and growth strategy.
- Understand and execute GP&C goals – both short and long term.
- Identify comprehensive understanding of customer needs – both short and long term.
- Assess and define account opportunities and account trends.
- Share best practices and industry knowledge with sales group and team.
- Build partnerships and relationships throughout the customer’s organization.
- Incorporate and Integrate GP&C – C level management into customer organization.
- Conduct efficient performance reviews with customers.
- Develop, maintain, and execute on action plans to achieve targets and grow business.
- Coordinate information flow and action planning within the organization.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through ongoing education.
Skills and Knowledge
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Sales, Packaging, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of sales experience; preferably in Flexible Packaging
- Valid drivers’ license
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Intermediate MS Office (Word & Excel)
- Travel 50-60%