Mechanical Machine Designer
Location Agawam, MA
- Create and maintain mechanical equipment layouts, assembly drawings, bills of materials (BoM), design mechanical components & mechanisms, and create construction documents of designed components (detail drawings).
- Enter component and BoM information into our ERP system.
- Communicate with vendors and fabricators for parts sourcing.
- Responsible for mechanical assembly and testing of prototypes.
- Coordinate build and purchasing activities internally with suppliers.
- Create project documentation, including manuals.
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot.
- Some travel to the customer’s facility will be required – 10% domestic.
5-8+ years’ experience in mechanical machine design.
Must possess machine design experience, preferably with machine tool accessories/equipment.
Prefer experience with Swiss-type lathes, Citizen and/or Miyano machines are a plus.
Understanding of manufacturing processes relative to components designed.
Able to accurately and efficiently create detailed drawings of parts and assemblies for manufacture.
Valid driver’s license and passport required
Proficient with SolidWorks 3D design.
Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Able to work with periodic/minimal supervision and guidance.
Able to work effectively both individually and with a team.
Pre-Employment Background Check and Drug Testing Required