- Our client is an innovative small business providing advanced electro-optical solutions for defense applications, seeks a Manufacturing Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the manufacturing process by comprehending existing prototype development to transition to scalable production assembly.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with engineering to lead the transition of products from development to production.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders involved including program management, quality, and engineers.
- Develop manufacturing processes and procedures for the build of complex electro-optical systems.
- Establish manufacturing workflows, space requirements, and equipment layout to improve manufacturing efficiency.
- Create work instructions for assembly.
- Develop and install fixtures, tooling, and equipment to support production.
- Coordinate equipment maintenance and repair.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or a related scientific or engineering field, with 5+ years of exposure to complex electro-optical systems for military applications.
- Extensive experience with the design and production of electro-optical systems such as laser systems, night vision/imaging systems, and target location systems is a plus.
- Experience with the manufacture and test of equipment intended for use in harsh military environments, including familiarity with standards such as MIL-STD-810.
- Hands-on experience with system integration and test.
- Creative thinker with outstanding problem-solving skills through execution of manufacturability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to interact with customers, suppliers, and other external personnel.
- $130,000 – $180,000 a year
- Benefits Package
- Travel within the US or internationally to customer locations may be required occasionally to support product testing or design reviews.