DEPARTMENT: Maintenance POSITION TITLE: Maintenance Mechanic B DIRECT REPORT: Maintenance Manager
Perform diversified manual and mechanical duties to maintain a variety of printing and/or converting machinery as assigned. Duties include performing routine maintenance, responding to mechanical problems, routine machining and fabrication of parts, and other similar duties pertaining to machine maintenance.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform routine maintenance of a variety of machinery, as assigned. Lubricate machinery parts and components according to established schedule. Clean machinery as required such as blowing out paper dust and debris. Perform routine change overs such as replacing blades on sheeters, rewinders, guillotine cutters, etc. Maintain ink pumps, sprayers, roll mandrills, staplers, banding machines, etc.
- Perform repairs to assigned machinery. Respond to operator complaints or mechanical problems. Troubleshoot the situation and take the required corrective action such as adjusting, replacing components, etc. Disassemble components and replace worn or broken parts and reassemble. Fabricate various items as required, such as ink mixers, machine guards, etc. utilizing routine welding, cutting, and machining operations.
- Aid more experienced mechanic on complex repair and maintenance operations. As directed, assist with disassembly of machinery, changing parts, reassembly, etc.
- Provide own maintenance tools.
- Maintain inventory of spare parts and supplies for assigned machinery. Place orders with vendors as required.
- Follow all established safety rules and regulations and utilize required safety equipment. Report defective equipment or unsafe conditions to the appropriate personnel. Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all established safety rules and regulations and utilize required safety equipment.
- Report defective equipment or unsafe conditions to the appropriate personnel.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all company Good Manufacturing Practices & Policies.
- Perform other duties as required or as requested by Supervisor or Manager.
Skills and Knowledge
- 2-3 years Mechanical skills, electrical is a plus.
- Understand fundamental lubrication concepts as defined in ICML MLT
- Able to perform basic mathematical functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, orally or in writing.
- Basic computer skills for maintenance software
- Proficiency with using hand and power tools
- Visual acuity to prints and plans, machine details.
- Ability to read and understand manuals, policies, and procedures. This would include, but not limited to, electrical, pneumatic hydraulic, control, and mechanical drawings
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Period lifting of pallets weight and material weighing up to 50lbs
- Squatting, crouching, turning, twisting, stretching, climbing steps, grabbing, pulling, pushing, and bending.
- Visual and hearing acuity within normal limits
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical environment of manufacturing and production facilities. Exposure includes but is not limited to continuous noise, scent of materials, bright workstations, machinery with moving parts.