SUMMARY: This position is responsible for a variety of mechanical work erecting, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment, building and utilities and troubleshooting basic electrical problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, erect, repair and maintain facility & machinery.
- Install, repair and maintain air and hydraulic lines, valves and cylinders, steam traps, air compressors, oil, steam and water lines, sprinkler systems, various types of pumps and other equipment and systems.
- Install machine foundations.
- Perform maintenance welding and a wide variety of other duties required for installation, repair, upgrading and maintenance of machinery and equipment, and the utilities required to operate the machinery and equipment such as air, oil, and steam.
- Perform a variety of other related duties as directed by supervision. Use manuals, parts lists and blueprints to perform work with little technical support.
- Troubleshoot complex equipment and system problems and determine corrective actions.
- Organize, plan, and direct work of other crafts persons on jobs involving two or more craft persons.
- Maintain work area in a clean, neat and orderly condition.
- Comply with all company rules and regulations including performing other duties as required.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or equivalent with 2-year technical college education or accredited apprenticeship required.
- Must be have good oral and written communication in English as well as interpersonal skills.
- Requires the use of advance mathematics and be able to use SAP software.
- Must have good leadership and project management skills.
- Make broad decisions involving considerable initiative and ingenuity.
- Must have technical and problem-solving skills. Able to use portable power tools, cables, ropes, jacks, chain falls, rollers, forklift trucks, pipe wrenches, drill press, machine tools, welding equipment, and materials required to perform assigned duties.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work environment consists of manufacturing that may have exposure to moving mechanical parts, varying temperatures, risk of shock, noise and rubber smells.
- Work near moving mechanical parts 2/3 to all of the time.
- Work in high precarious places up to 1/3 of the time.
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles up to 1/3 of the time.
- Exposure to extreme heat (non-weather) up to 1/3 of the time.
- Risk of electric shock up to 1/3 of the time.
- Exposure to loud noise 2/3 to all of the time and very loud noise up to 1/3 of the time.