The Maintenance Mechanic controls the efficient operation of all plant equipment by performing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and electronic repair and preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses all maintenance failures.
- Uses assembly drawings, P&ID’s and manuals to tune equipment for operation, uses electrical (VFD’s, SCR’s, motor starters) and logic (PLC, SLC) principles to solve equipment problems.
- Uses basic plumbing, metal working and general facilities and building maintenance knowledge as needed.
- Works with operating devices such as gages, RTD’s, pressure transmitters, I/P’s and vortex flow meters.
- Trains new Associates and team members on required skill sets for Maintenance.
- Maintains work area in a safe and orderly fashion according to GMP and Safety guidelines.
- Operates Rich’s SCADA system and completes appropriate paperwork.
- Performs any other related miscellaneous duties assigned by Team Leader.
- Will be required to work with and train operations Associates on basic equipment troubleshooting and assist operations as needed with production.
- Must have 3-5 years experience in food processing, working with standard troubleshooting and repair of production equipment with highly sophisticated control systems
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have the ability to train other Associates in Maintenance operations
- Must have the desire and ability to operate as a member of a Self-Directed work team
- Must be proficient on Rich’s SCADA system
- Must have general mechanical knowledge and electrical and logic principle knowledge
- Has basic plumbing, metalworking and general facilities/building maintenance knowledge
- Has an awareness of and the ability to follow Associate Safety guidelines
- Has an awareness of and the ability to follow GMP and Food Safety guidelines
- Understands proper machine operating and adjusting procedures
- Must have the ability to work in and contribute to Production Improvement, Associate Involvement and Temporary Teams, as assigned