Maintenance Manager Job Description:
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for a Maintenance Manager for a very well established and growing manufacturing firm in the Fairfield, CA area on a full-time permanent basis. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the safe maintenance, repair or replacement of plant equipment and systems, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible establishing and managing effective systems for the maintenance function, and for developing and managing an effective maintenance department staffing, including hiring and training of all maintenance department personnel. This position is also responsible for managing costs associated with the maintenance department.
Maintenance Manager Responsibilities:
- Initiates, implements, and manages the plant maintenance program based on best practices in the plastics industry, with an emphasis on planning/scheduling and preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiates reordering when necessary.
- Maintains and repairs maintenance shop equipment.
- Establishes and maintains a computer-based maintenance management system for tracking work orders, spare parts, and maintenance history of plant equipment.
- Prepares reports, analyzes data, and makes recommendations for improving plant operations and solving maintenance-related problems.
- Maintains and updates operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Monitors operation of plant equipment and systems.
- Initiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating cost.
- Maintains safety, health, and environmental policies and procedures.
- Directs, maintains, and enforces the safety program for the maintenance department; review safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
- Implement programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Support Plant Operations Department with planning and implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Ensures city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Coordinates activities with Plant Operations Departments.
- Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
- Communicates directly with the Plant Manager to ensure effective interaction between maintenance activities and quality requirements, including participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
- Supports company- and plant-wide safety programs by providing technical expertise/support and training.
- Responsible for special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that direct report(s) are adequately trained, equipped, and motivated so that the department responsibilities and goals can be accomplished in a safe, timely, and cost-effective manner.
- Communicates regularly with all direct report(s), both individually and as a team (if applicable), to ensure good two-way communication concerning progress and other issues.
- Conduct employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contributions. Manages performance issues within company guidelines, working with Human Resources.
- Complies with the Company’s Human Resources policies and procedures, and promotes the awareness of, and compliance with, these policies by direct report(s).
Maintenance Manager Requirements:
- Two-year Technical or Associates Degree required.
- 10+ years Injection Molding field or related industry.
- Advanced Maintenance skills required.
- Experience with large tonnage machines (4000 ton).
- Strong understanding of OSHA Safety Standards.
- Ability to operate a Crane.
- Advanced computer skills a plus.
- Experience with two-barrel Italtech machines a plus.
- Experience with Automation a plus.