Responsible for maintaining the machinery, equipment, buildings and grounds, as well as managing and directing the maintenance staff and overseeing the availability of spare parts and supplies to support the safe and efficient operation of the plant. Monitors and manages the facilities and maintenance budget and negotiates with outside vendors for supplies, repairs and other measures. Plans and executes 6S, along with Preventive and Corrective Maintenance activities and supports continuous improvement activities in the plant. Works with Plant Safety to ensure a safe working environment is maintained.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Establishes and implements long-term strategies to ensure efficient and cost-effective execution of maintenance activities, maintenance standards, reliability, asset management plans, preventive/predictive maintenance programs, and CMMS management.
- Implements site processes that ensure that maintenance and project work across the plant are conducted in a safe, responsible and environmentally sound manner in compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Leads and coaches PFMEA and DFMEA analyses on all equipment to minimize business risk and ensure proper maintenance strategies are in place.
- Establishes and manages a proper maintenance planning and scheduling system to facilitate efficient work schedules and feedback loop to internal customers
- Determine appropriate Maintenance org structure and skills required to carry out maintenance excellence plans. Provides continuous technical skill development and manage the bench with turnover due to retirements.
- Develops annual budget, controls costs, and provides cost analyses and projections. Establishes and maintains process for facility wide continuous improvement and overall cost improvement
- Develops and implements a reliability strategy that focuses on predictive and preventive maintenance technologies to include mechanical and instrumentation systems to focus on meeting the plant’s target objectives.
- Drives and facilitates the development of a proactive data-focused reliability culture in partnership with operations leaders.
- Provides leadership on prioritizing maintenance spend and capital expenditures that will have the greatest impact on Operational Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Executes the enhancement of skilled trades development while reducing failures through Precision Maintenance practices.
- Coaches team and direct reports to advance current maintenance and reliability efforts and develop leaders and maintenance reliability competencies within the organization.
- Manages and leads improvements in MRO stores, optimizing MRO practices to create robust parts management systems and reduce overall cost.
- Demonstrates ability to break down barriers and overcome obstacles, recognizing other groups and functions as internal customers, and identifying ways to share resources and information to achieve desired results.
- Analyzes operational data and equipment performance history to deliver improvements in critical maintenance related metrics including: Reliability, PM effectiveness, MRO turns, downtime analysis, Mean-Time-Between-Failures, and maintenance related costs.
- Possesses knowledge and proficiency in the organization’s CMMS and operational data performance management systems
- Participates in understanding and adhering to OSHA and EPA regulations as well as ISO standards. Makes sure that equipment and processes meet all requirements and personnel follow all procedures. Initiates safety review on all new processes and/or equipment.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or other technical field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years leadership experience in maintenance of a manufacturing facility – includes experience in leading operations, reliability, maintenance, and/or engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Thorough working knowledge of requirements and controls necessary to efficiently manage a large maintenance organization and a solid understanding of effective maintenance systems
- Experience in leading and managing others
- In-depth knowledge of best CMMS structures and practices
- Experience setting strategies for execution through teams
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing/ Continuous Improvement and TPM environment
- Strong and proven FMEA and Root Cause Analysis skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management
- Reliability Training and a strong practitioner of TPM required.
- Advanced knowledge of state and federal regulations including OSHA and EPA requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be driven to maintain and seek to improve upon quality and production standards.
- Customer focus and awareness of customer needs.
- “Hands on” style, willing and capable of taking a lead role in technical problem solving efforts.
- Excellent teamwork and teambuilding skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Knowledge of SAP Maintenance Management
- Experience with advanced maintenance approached such as TPM or Condition-Based Maintenance..
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican’s objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours. Must be able to work on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced organization and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ensures that staff is contributing at maximum potential through rigorous hiring practices and an emphasis on training and development initiatives, including coaching and counseling direct reports in their performance and professional development, with final authority for approving pay increases, hiring decisions and disciplinary actions.
- Emphasizes ethical leadership and decision-making to protect Pelican’s brand and reputation.
- Establishes challenging, productive and achievable goals for direct reports; measures results by establishing checkpoints to track progress.
- Must be able to travel, nationally and internationally, as necessary.
PHYSICAL CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stand, walk, sit, climb stairs, use hands/fingers).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be frequently required to execute non-standard physical activities within the facility areas (i.e. stoop, kneel, crouch).
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- This position requires repetitive hand/wrist activities such as data entry or typing.
Why Join Pelican? Here’s a glimpse of Pelican Perks…
- Generous paid time off plans
- 401k plan – with a competitive match
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Established reputable brand offering premium products – you’ll be proud to represent Pelican!
- Beautiful New England location
- Onsite gym
- Employee discount program on Pelican Products
- Great Benefits – several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
- Wellness Discount Program
- Lucrative employee referral program – get paid to work with your trusted network.
- And more…
Pelican Products, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.