Position Description: Inside Sales /Account Manager Primary responsibilities include building customer relationships and providing a Superior Customer Experience to our valued customers through telephone, email, and live chat interactions. The Inside Sales team works closely with Technical Support, Product Management, Purchasing, Production, and Quality Management to create an overall experience that delights the customer.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide primary interface with a variety of customers, via phone, email, and live web chat
- Act as the key customer contact for large engagements
- Exercise excellent business judgment to determine additional support as needed or escalation as required
- Perform customer discovery and recommend appropriate associated products
- Process customer orders, requests for quote, product returns, etc through the company’s ERP system
- Resolve customer issues, questions and complaints in a professional and collaborative manner
- Must demonstrate initiative to improve professional skills and department processes
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong business acumen and demonstrated business judgment
- Excellent demonstrated professional communication skills, written and spoken English, including correct usage of grammar and sentence structure and appropriate professional messaging and tone
- Excellent general computer skills, including a solid working knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Experience with a CRM system preferred
- Professional demeanor, dress, and conduct in a business office setting
Personal Traits and Characteristics:
- Reliable, dependable, diligent Highly organized with good time management skills
- Task oriented
- Attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Must effectively communicate, both in written and verbal form, to employees at all levels and with outside suppliers and customers.
- A professional demeanor is required when interfacing with others.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in a second language is desirable.
- The successful candidate shall exhibit a sense of ownership, urgency, be solution orientated, collaborative and accountable.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-5 + years (or bachelor’s degree plus 5-7 years or equivalent) successful Inside Sales experience in a technology related B2B business
Reports To: Sales and Service Manager