Working for Us
Our vision is to be the world’s most beloved bakery by creating irresistible foods, growing with our customers, and delivering value for all. We believe that each of us has unique points of difference and experience to offer. We will achieve success through collaboration and innovation in an environment where employees feel empowered to execute with speed. We believe that each of us has unique points of difference and experience to offer. We believe that there is always a better way, and we will never be satisfied with status quo. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, continually seek process improvements and a strong sense of customer service, then this is the right type of environment for you.
The Human Resource Generalist will run the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. In this role- you will be asked to drive business results while delivering measurable goals within your plant in addition to implementing HR initiatives and programs.
Candidate must be Bilingual in Spanish/English
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to payroll, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Partner with HR and hiring managers to create and execute innovative recruiting strategies that fill vacant positions in an efficient, cost-effective, and value-add manner.
· Coordinates participation in, sets up display, and works at job fairs.
· Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
· Implements and conducts new hire orientation and employee recognition programs.
- Provide recruitment consulting and guidance to hiring managers to support our full cycle recruitment including sourcing, assessment, and selection to recruit top talent in an efficient, cost-effective, and value-add manner.
· Handles new hire orientation, scheduling and paperwork.
· Assist employees in the resolution of payroll and benefit issues. Interface with ADP and Kronos for payroll and benefit issues, maintain HR files, gather and maintain routine periodic data for reporting.
- Office out of plant(s) environment and spend time understanding the various positions we typically hire to improve hiring fit and reduce turnover.
· Performs other projects within HR as needed.
The position responsibilities outlined above are not to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties and responsibilities may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and 3+ years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- PHR/SHRM-CP certification a plus
- Able to effectively conduct business in English and Spanish and represent Superior Cake Products in a professional manner.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment required
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience managing payroll and benefits
- Knowledge of Federal, State, and employment regulations and policies, required
· Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS system (ADP is the system used)
- Proficient with the MS Office Suite
- Strong initiative and solid judgment
- Hands- on, can- do attitude
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships both within and outside the organization
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Must possess a high level of professionalism, discretion and ability to self-manage his/her time
- Ability to work 1st and 2nd shift as needed
- Must be respectful, approachable and team oriented and have the desire to build strong working relationships in a positive work environment
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.