General Manager Job Description:
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for a General Manager for a very well established and growing metal fabrication company in the Rossville, GA area on a full-time permanent basis.
General Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure the plant’s safety policies are adequately communicated and enforced
- Create annual budget and monitor plant activity so that the facility operates at the planned level or better
- Ensure departments are getting the necessary resources and direction to support the plan and producing the desired level of quality, delivery, and service
- Provide input as needed concerning potential business’ manufacturing methods and cost
- Drive plant to use appropriate lean manufacturing tools that reduce waste and improve the operation’s long term competitive position
- Interact with senior management, advising of the plant’s performance, improvements, and needs
- Establish and maintain an ISO based quality management system which promotes increasing customer satisfaction and continual improvements
- Interact with customers to jointly improve relationships and competitiveness
- Help maintain a fun, family atmosphere
- Provide daily, weekly, monthly reporting and forecasting
- Providing the production schedule, and ensuring the schedule is met
- Confirming Customer Due Dates: Working with Customer Service/Sales and Customers.
- Communicating Completed Orders to Customer Service/Sales and Shipping.
- Manning: Monitor manning and implement LEAN processes, where needed, or adjust manning levels to realize production goals
- P/L Responsibility.
- Monitoring and Managing inventory levels
- Monitoring/Managing Inventory levels
- Monitoring and managing scrap variations, and implementing LEAN processes to reduce wastes
General Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree OR 10 years’ experience in management in related field, or any appropriate combination of experience and education
- Minimum of 5 years in metal manufacturing is required