Back to all jobs
Our New Jersey client is seeking an experienced GL Adjuster for a fulltime REMOTE position.
Ideal Candidates should have NJ experience. The candidates must have the ability to work remotely with high speed internet access and their own computer until company equipment is provided. This position is remote but candidates should be able to be on-site for team meetings if needed.
Responsible position providing effective management of specialized multi-line general liability claims ranging from routine to complex.
- Provide a high level of quality customer service
- Effective administration of all aspects of general liability claims, including o Statutory and policy covered claim analysis, as applicable o Coverage analysis of primary and excess coverage, as applicable o Investigation o Litigation and budget management through trial and appeal, as applicable o Vendor and settlement payments o Reserving o Reporting o Evaluation o Negotiation/settlement o Vendor management o Other tasks as requested or required
- Knowledge of applicable claim procedures, statutes, compliance, insurance laws and insurance coverage. Experience in asbestos litigation, remediation, medical malpractice, etc.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible claims positions or related job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in work experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with staff and constituents
- Demonstrated high degree of judgment within delegated authority
- Ability to work independently
- Strong organizational skills with ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Must own a personal desktop computer or laptop with high speed internet access. It is the employee’s responsibility to maintain this equipment to ensure compatibility with the Association’s computer systems and remote access technologies. Must have a mobile phone for two-factor authentication while telecommuting.