Liability Claims Supervisor – Third-Party Administrator for Public Entities
Our South Jersey client is a full-service, third-party administrator (TPA) managing multi-line claims including Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, Auto Liability, and Professional and Property claims. Their client-focused, ethical, and relationship-based team members are the heart of our vision to be the best TPA. If you are willing to collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges, and continue to develop your own skills, then our client may be the place for you. Our client offers a career-oriented environment that values your contributions and encourages you to grow.
The Liability Claims Supervisor provides leadership for a five-to-seven-person team of Property and Casualty claims adjusters handling GL, AL, E&O, EPLI, APD, Property, Crime, Cyber, Law Enforcement, and Public Officials claims to ensure compliance and statutes, policy provisions, and company guidelines. Supervise the execution of quality assurance programs. Identify training needs and manage claims training. Ensure delivery of timely, high-quality customer service to deliver compliant and cost-effective claims outcomes to our Clients. Duties/Responsibilities: Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversees a team of 5-7 professionals responsible for managing, investigating, and resolving Property and Casualty claims, as well as evaluating coverage liability, reserving, excess reporting, damages, and the settling of claims.
- Ensures quality management of claims in accordance with best practices and company guidelines; participates in coverage analysis for the assigned claims.
- Evaluates claims and sets reserves from inception to closure. Establishes, documents, and communicates claims settlement and reserving authorities for claims professionals. Grants reserve and settlement authority on cases exceeding the supervisor’s authority levels.
- Manages litigation on assigned files.
- Manages account issues and works to ensure seamless resolution of liability service issues. Strengthens and fosters relationships with first-layer primary, excess, and umbrella carriers, program managers, vendors, and clients.
- Maintains active diary for oversight of claims meeting excess reporting thresholds, coverage issues, and complex litigated claims.
- Selects, trains, and maintains appropriate staffing levels in conjunction with workloads.
- Manages team’s activities, utilizing resources effectively to meet department goals in accordance with approved plans and budgets.
- Effectively utilizes the performance review processes and ongoing coaching and feedback to maximize the performance of employees, address performance concerns, and provide development opportunities to employees.
- Participates in mediations, seminars, and field unit meetings, and completes other tasks as needed.
- Prepares reports and other written correspondence for internal and external users.
- Demonstrates commitment to Company’s Core Values, and applies knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards, and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of liability claims experience
- Must have extensive knowledge of claims law, regulations, and jurisdictional issues including state law New Jersey Title 59.
- PA experience a PLUS.
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Internet and Microsoft Office and capable of learning industry-specific software.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, analytical, investigative, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in the detailed analysis of facts relevant to evaluations of coverages, liability, and damages.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Growth and development:
- Whether you are new or have extensive experience, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Our client’s goal is to provide you with the tools and training to be highly successful as a respected insurance professional. Employee Benefits:
- The well-being of their employees is important. Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HRA, 401k, LTD, STD, and Group Life Insurance.
- Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing employment opportunities to all qualified individuals regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law. If you meet the above requirements and want to join a high-performing team, please forward your resume for consideration.