General Liability Claims Adjuster – TPA for Public Entities – 7+ Years Exp. Required
Our South Jersey client is a full-service, third-party administrator (TPA) managing multi-line claims including Workers’ Compensation, General Liability, Auto Liability, and Professional and Property claims. Their client-focused, ethical, and relationship-based team members are the heart of our vision to be the best TPA. If you are willing to collaborate within a diverse team, embrace challenges, and continue to develop your own skills, then our client may be the place for you. Our client offers a career-oriented environment that values your contributions and encourages you to grow.
Job Summary: The Liability Claims Adjuster manages, investigates, and resolves liability claims including General Liability, Auto Liability, Property Damage, Police Professional, Public Officials, Employment Practices Liability for public entities. Investigates and evaluates coverages, liability, and damages, and settles claims within prescribed authority levels.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Investigating and adjusting claims in accordance with established claims-handling procedures
- Communicating with clients, witnesses, and claimants to gather information regarding claims and advises as to the proper course of action. Responding to various written and telephone inquiries including status reports.
- Determining liability based on investigation results and applicable state tort law.
- Ensuring adequacy of reserves.
- Properly document claim files
- Identifying potential suspicious claims and opportunities for third-party subrogation.
- Assessing and monitoring subrogation claims for resolution.
- Collecting insurance information and reviewing insurance policies for applicable coverage, deductibles, exclusions
- Reviewing medical, legal, and miscellaneous invoices to determine if reasonable and related to the ongoing claim. Negotiating any disputed bills for resolution.
- Authorizing and making payment of claims in accordance with industry standards and within settlement authority.
- Negotiating settlements with claimants and attorneys in accordance with the client’s authorization.
- Preparing reports detailing claims, payments, and reserves.
- Providing reports and monitoring files, as required by excess insurers.
- Pursuing subrogation and recovery
- Highly effective verbal and written communication with internal and external parties to support the prompt resolution of claims and return to work in the most cost-effective manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of New Jersey jurisdictional requirements and applicable case law.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate degree and/or advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of general liability claims experience
- Demonstrated competency applying NJ Title 59, legal liability theories, general insurance policy coverage, and State Tort Law (NJ required and PA & NY preferred)
- Must be detail-oriented and have strong customer service skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of the Internet and Microsoft Office and capable of learning industry-specific software.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, analytical, investigative, and negotiation skills.
- As required, maintains insurance adjuster licenses
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Growth and development:
- Whether you are new or have extensive experience, we promote a lifelong learning approach. Our goal is to provide you with the tools and training to be highly successful as a respected insurance professional.
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, FSA, HRA, 401k, LTD, STD, and Group Life Insurance.