The Field Service Technician II provides assistance to Senior Field Representatives at regional off-site fuel cell powerplant global locations and provides hands-on maintenance and repair services on-site for fleet of fuel cell installations. This position will participate in the commissioning of new fuel cells at new sites, as well as support of troubleshooting, testing and repair activities on existing fuel cell installations.
Role & Responsibility
- Under appropriate guidance and direction, performs troubleshooting and repairs on fuel cells installed at customer sites.
- Collaborates with others on commissioning of new fuel cell installations
- Performs service and troubleshooting on ancillary equipment used for overall fuel cell operation.
- Understands principles of large distribution switchgear 480 volt systems.
- Experience with computer systems, preferably remote monitoring, and control systems.
- Understands mechanical and electrical componentry, plumbing, and systems operation.
- Will increasingly utilize the fuel cell remote monitoring system to control fuel cell, as directed
- Utilize electrical schematics to troubleshoot electrical components
- Overseas travel as needed
- Overtime is required as needed
Along with competitive salary and benefits, we offer:
- Tools and Company truck with gas card
- Holiday pay for on call (8 hours)
- On call weekend pay (8 hours) – 1 Sat or Sun a month
- 4-6+ years of hands-on experience servicing/troubleshooting products containing a variety of components
- AA/AS with 2-4+ years of experience, as noted above
- Electrical/HVAC trade school certification
- E1/E2 or P1/P2 license preferred