Back to all jobs
- Carry out the day to day operations of the EHS department and contribute to the application of effective Environmental, Health and Safety for this excellent Worcester company.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Environmental, Health, and Safety management.
- Maintain relevant EHS logs and documentation.
- Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate the purchase, proper use, maintenance, and inspection of necessary safety and personal protective equipment
- Prepare applicable EHS reports as necessary.
- Aid and advice on EHS issues to make recommendations to facility management.
- Participated in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant EHS training and certification programs.
- Observe EHS regulations, wear all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance. · Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
- Perform other work-related tasks as required and assigned.
- Comply with all Company and EHS procedures and policies. Facility Specific Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Walk the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish EHS presence and provide support.
- Conduct daily and monthly EHS Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
- Write, implement, and manage EHS Programs, Policies and Procedures.
- Perform facility EHS inspections.
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE.
- Have knowledge and enforce compliance of regulatory requirements (i.e. OSHA, CalOSHA, EPA, etc.), including company EHS policies and procedures.
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
- Oversee Behavior Based / Observation Safety Programs.
- Help develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Follow Fall Protection program, inspect all fall protection equipment and maintain inspection records.
- Participate/lead Plant Safety Committee.
- Assist in administering and maintaining Safety compliance programs such as LOTO, Hazard Communication, EAP, Hearing Conservation, PPE, Hot Work, Confined Spaces, Respiratory Protection, BBP, etc.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational, Health & Safety sciences and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Environmental, Health and Safety position – previous manufacturing industry a plus.
- Technical writing a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- $80,000 to $120,000 a year
- Excellent Benefits package