Department: Parish & Community Services (PCS) Department, Cross Catholic Outreach (CCO)
Report to: PCS Sr. Director and Business Development Manager
Educational or Certification Requirements: Associate’s degree (or commensurate fundraising/sales experience
Experience Requirements: Minimum 5 years successful fundraising experience or sales experience with documented success outcome.
Characteristics: Flexible, adaptable, results-oriented, highly organized, self-starter, creative, quick learner, positive attitude, proven team player.
Position Summary: The Development Officer’s (D.O.) primary responsibility is to fundraise. Constituents include Catholic groups such as parishes, schools and related organizations. The D.O. is responsible to meet fundraising and engagement goals established by PCS Mgmt. team. This is to be done through effective identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, and documentation of the same. Development Officers provide support in the areas of Box of Joy ministry, Food Packing Events, parish and school initiatives, event fundraising, community engagement and project support through parishes, organizations and schools.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Require/Preferred:
- Proven experience/success in fundraising or sales.
- Demonstrated high level of people skills, written and verbal communications skills, detail orientation, leadership and delegation abilities, organization, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, including comfort, energy and poise in public speaking.
- A sound working knowledge of fundraising principles.
- Possess understanding and knowledge of the Catholic Church and hierarchy.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- The ability to comprehend and effectively communicate CCO’s mission to donors;
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative in effectively prospecting, engaging and closing.
- Commitment to Christian-based fundraising.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and resolve problems quickly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, in English, as well as superior interpersonal, organizational and motivational skills.
- Familiarity with donor/customer database management and online fundraising tools.
- Strong technical skills and proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook and Data Systems.
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically as required for meetings, donor visits and events.
- Ability to accompany donors and staff on international vision/mission trips to visit CCO projects in developing countries.
- Responsible for prospecting donors/groups that result in achieving fundraising goal.
- Comfortable with virtual selling and selling strategies to accelerate prospecting and generate fundraising.
- Monthly Travel required.
- Assist Sr. Director, PCS Managers and Development team to develop and implement programs to support initiatives.
- Represent the department in meetings, conference, events where necessary.
- Responsible for the cultivation and management of donors/groups – some existing donors and others with identified potential – with the goal of increasing financial support through regular communications (phone calls, emails, blogs, and written correspondence).
- Manage the identification, evaluation, and cultivation of prospects, and assist in the stewardship plan of donors once they have made a commitment.
- Meet or exceed the expected level of activity each week and month, i.e., number of calls, asks, personal correspondence, etc.
- Uphold established department protocols related to donor records, including documenting interactions with parishes, schools, and groups.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned.
We are a Catholic ministry with an ecumenical staff of Catholic, Protestant and Eastern Orthodox believers working in unity to provide food, water, housing, education, orphan support, medical care, microenterprise and disaster relief — and the love of our Lord Jesus Christ — to the poorest of the poor in more than 30 countries around the world. We believe strongly in unifying Christians in this mission of mercy, and we believe that creating a welcoming work environment for all Christian faiths is essential to achieving our ministry goals. We are a Catholic ministry with an ecumenical staff of Catholic, Protestant and Eastern Orthodox believers working in unity to provide food, water, housing, education, orphan support, medical care, micro enterprise, and disaster relief — and the love of our Lord Jesus Christ — to the poorest of the poor in more than 30 countries around the world. We believe strongly in unifying Christians in this mission of mercy, and we believe that creating a welcoming work environment for all Christian faiths is essential to achieving our ministry goals.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include “Development Officer” in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted by phone and/or email. Assessment, eligibility test and background checks are part of the application process for final candidates for the position.