Masis Professional Group is currently working with a well-respected and established firm continuing to grow! We are seeking a corporate attorney to join their collaborative and talented team. The attorney will have the opportunity to continue growing their practice while benefiting from an already established list of clients. The attorney will be an outstanding communicator and writer with the ability to effectively communicate complex information to clients.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with business leaders, in-house general counsel, and the legal department of client organizations to articulate risks and develop a legal strategy.
- Identify and analyze legal issues with an understanding of how to appropriately balance risk and the client’s ability to pursue its business interests.
- Advise clients on a variety of business matters, including startups, acquisitions, joint ventures, sale transactions, investments, etc.
- Draft, review, modify and negotiate commercial contracts and other legal documents.
- Draft resolutions, consents, governing documents, certificates, and other governance-related documents and provide advice on entity formation and organization.
- Identify, manage and monitor any potential legal issues and offer guidance to management regarding how to comply with the law.
- Coordinate with other team members, including attorneys, paralegals, and staff members.
- Respond promptly to clients while delivering efficient and high-quality legal service.
- Effectively organize and monitor client files.
Skills and Competencies
- Minimum 4+ years of job experience as an attorney with experience working with for-profit businesses and/or non-profits.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively advocate for and work with various types of clients is vital.
- Willing to pitch in, collaborate and support the growing legal department in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Able to problem solve, resolve and close open issues and assist staff and colleagues with resolving issues that arise.
- Skilled at meeting strict deadlines under significant time pressure.
- Ability to manage time and resources effectively and independently, and balance conflicting priorities.