POSITION: Controls Field Installation Technician
POSITION REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager, North America
MEMBER OF: Engineering
TRAVEL: 50 to 70%
The Controls Field Installation Technician will be a hands-on contributing team member of the Transbotics Controls Team. This role will be responsible for performing onsite installation of AGV systems requiring system integration, programming and run off. The role will also require flexibility working with the various types and sometimes new clean sheet AGV designs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- AGV Vehicle and System
- Implement programming updates under the direction of the Controls Engineer
- Upload software and perform updates
- Testing AGV product and systems in accordance with procedures
- Trouble shoot and solve problems
- Become familiar with ANSI AGV codes
- Contribute and Lead
- Learn existing installation processes
- Assist in new hardware and software rollout(s)
- Assist/ mentor other team members as the Field Installation Team grows
- Support the ongoing Controls development and rollouts
- Identify and implement improvements in work organization to enhance installation with efficiency, quality and reliability of standard processes and tools
- Reporting and Documentation
- Keep accurate and up to date records of work done in the field, using existing documents and processes
- Be involved with Quality Control inspections to ensure work is complete and to implement on future projects
- Provide written reports of service activity, assessments of issues, customer communications, and steps taken to resolve problems.
- Customer Interactions
- Strong communication skills and professional behavior at all times
- Provide daily progress reports
- Identify and understand project scope and report any out of scope request to Project Manager
- Communicate any unsafe or potential hazards discovered during the installation progress
- Bachelors Degree or work equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of experience
STARTING DATE: as soon as possible
- We pursue excellence
We thrive on a challenge, and we deliver for our customers because it’s who we are.
- We are committed to results
Together we evaluate and take action, being accountable through to completion, no excuses.
- We act with integrity
We build confidence, do what’s right and deliver on what we promise.
- Above all we value people
We are one team. We respect each other and work collaboratively to achieve common goals.