POSITION: Controls Engineer
POSITION REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
MEMBER OF: Engineering
TRAVEL: 50% – 70%
This position is responsible as a senior hands-on contributing team member of the Scott Controls Team, providing assistance across the product range including system integration, programming, run off, installation and start up both at Scott and at the customer’s site of AGV vehicle systems.
Implement a replacement AGV controls platform, moving to a more modern, versatile and commonly used brand(s) of automation controls hardware and software for product standardization and efficiency.
- AGV Vehicle and System Programming
- Major contributor to project scope, design, implementation, testing of the AGV products and systems
- Assist / mentor other team members
- Identify and implement improvements in work organization, design methods and engineering standards that will improve the efficiency, quality and reliability of standard processes and tools.
- Controls Platform Development/Rollout
- Involved with development of integrating a more suitable controls platform for AGV controls phase 1.
- Assist the new platform hardware rollout Phase 1.
- Support the ongoing controls development and rollouts for Phase #2 & #3.
- Reporting and Documentation
- Keeping accurate and up to date records on all aspect of work done, using existing documents and processes.
- Be involved with Quality Control inspections to ensure work is complete.
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and equivalent experience.
- Minimum (6) years’ experience with automation and controls.
- Advanced experience with PLC’s, C, C++, C# or Structured Text programming.
- Good mechanical and technical comprehension, interpersonal and organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
- Commercially aware of costs against budgets.
- Self-motivated, confident, proficient, and professional verbal and written communication, including in groups.
STARTING DATE: as soon as possible
- We pursue excellence
We thrive on a challenge, and we deliver for our customers because it’s who we are.
- We are committed to results
Together we evaluate and take action, being accountable through to completion, no excuses.
- We act with integrity
We build confidence, do what’s right and deliver on what we promise.
- Above all we value people
We are one team. We respect each other and work collaboratively to achieve common goals.