Controller Job Description:
Masis Professional Group has an immediate need for a Controller (CPA) for a very well established and growing manufacturing firm in the Winnebago County, IL area on a full-time permanent basis. The Controller will establish and maintain the plant’s financial principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Oversees maintenance of fiscal records and preparation of financial reports with accounting staff. Analyzes and interprets costs, budgets, policies, and trends, presenting findings to senior leadership. Establishes procedures and internal controls to ensure compliance with all relevant government and industry legislation and regulations. Provide necessary direction to all manufacturing departments based on sufficient interdepartmental financial reviews.
- Responsible for companywide financial and accounting functions, including, but not limited to, month end closings and financial statement reviews.
- Maintain fixed assets and process related journal entries
- Assist in capital project planning, GL accounting and follow up review
- Analyzes companywide standard cost inputs on a regular basis to ensure accuracy:
- ERP Rates – Labor, work center, overhead, etc.
- ERP BOMs – Cycle times, efficiency factors, scrap percentages, etc.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities with production managers as needed
- Oversees inventory control including the following activities:
- Annual companywide physical inventory
- Inventory accounting, reporting and reconciliation activities
- Obsolescence monitoring and inventory turn analysis
- Work with management on creating, auditing, and maintaining the annual budgeting process
- Prepares required financial reports for regulatory agencies
- Accredited degree in accounting, finance, statistics, or similar field required
- Additional educational requirements such as CPA, CMA or CFA required
- Additional educational requirements such as MBA preferred
- 10 years’ experience with proven success in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience and strong understanding of ERP systems required
- Previous experience with IQMS ERP system is preferred
- Possess a high-level understanding of all companywide interrelated financial activity
- Ability to communicate complex financial terminology to all senior leadership
- In-depth understanding of GAAP principles and account reconciliation activities
- Must possess strong leadership acumen