Provide change management leadership and Lean Six Sigma expertise needed in the Huhtamaki Continuous Improvement Process. Working with all levels of organization, the Continuous Improvement Engineer facilitates cost savings and quality improvement projects within the operations cost centers, and business groups.
- Plan and lead Kaizen Lean & DMAIC Six Sigma projects
- Organize and facilitate Lean CI events.
- Deliver effective process and financial business improvements.
- Facilitate teams and coach Six Sigma GB projects. Hands on participation with project Lean Six Sigma events and projects. Communicate and interact with all levels of organization. Facilitate team building, organizational leadership, and change management best practices.
- Organize and communicate CI initiatives and results with management staff.
- Document CI projects, develop and conduct project report outs.
- Perform process measurement, and data mining.
- Promote and communicate CI culture, knowledge sharing, and team building.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Communication Skills (listening, verbal, written). Analytical / Research Skills, Computer/Technical Literacy, Flexibility/Adaptability/Manage Multiple Priorities, Interpersonal abilities, Leadership/Management Skill, Multicultural Sensitivity, Planning/Organizing Skills, Problem Solving/Reasoning Skills, Teamwork, SPC understanding.
- Associate degree in mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering accompanied by equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment in place of an advanced degree.
- Engineering background in a manufacturing environment
- prefer minimum of 2 years experience in a leadership position.
- Demonstrated successful project management experience.
- Ability to see, hear and speak is necessary to communicate and interact with anyone who is part of a CI, 5S, Six Sigma or TPM project.
- Experience with OSIsoft PI Platforms, Power BI, Minitab, Python or Visual Basic (VBA)
- Six Sigma Green belt certified
- Physical effort requirements may include lifting up to 50 lbs., extended standing, walk extended distances. Work environment may include heat, cold dust, and noise. Work schedule may require travel, overtime, or shift work.